• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2015
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We travelled for a holiday to destress. The kids came with us and we have travelled before on 4 cruise. The last one was on he Princess Lines and that is the one we should have picked, not P&O (the big white cash box on the water).

The kids club was crap. My two kids did not want to go down there on level 2 and count jelly beans and sit around and play the Wii. They were so disappointed that they stayed with us for the whole holiday.

The food was very average in the water front restaurant, even so I picked the same from the favourites menu 5 times in ten days. The pantry had the same food everyday, good for breakfast and lunch, not for dinner. If you wanted to dine in the restaurant, you had to call at 530pm the day before to make a reservation which I found different and painful. The other cruise lines allocate your table and waiter.

Cabin Mini suite

Not bad, but do not pick any other rooms forward of that as the dragging of chairs will drive you crazy.

Port Reviews

Lifou

you are a captive audience, they charge you $20 each to visit the water falls. The sip has $15 snorkelling each person, which we did not do on the other side of the island, but I heard it was worth every cent.

Port Vila

Took a taxi for $150 4 people for the day. They wanted $250 but got them down to $150AUD. When to the turtles and shopped.

Champagne Bay (Vanuatu)

This was an unexpected stop, as the contractors had pulled out the wharf at our last island. The swimming on the beach was good, water was warm, but the markets on the island were expensive. I asked one of the people who lived there about the traders and the market stuff, and he confirmed that they buy it from traders who come to the island from Port Villa. The same things were on sale at Villa which cost less. I also noticed that they all had the latest Toyota Hilux's and wallets full of Aussie dollars. The experience was good as it got us off the ship and doing nothing on a beach.

1 Helpful Vote