3. Pride of America
I've been on about 5 cruises now, and first time with NCL. the locations of each stop is great even thou we had to make detour due to an impending hurricane. I like the fact we had two over night stays on Kauai, and Maui. It allowed more time on the island. Food wasn't all that special, and we didn't have any formal night's lobster I was used to on other cruises. the dinning room on the 5th floor is much faster than the one above it. passport was a little confusing before boarding, not with the check in counter, but with the customer service on the phone. I have called several times as the requirements, whether a passport is needed or only driver's license. the customer service person on the phone, said yes you need one and you will not be able to board without a valid passport. I tried to explain that it's the U.S. and she would not listen. uncertain if that's going to be a problem, we went at the check in counter, and bang, not a single question about citizenship, or to see a passport. Driver's license is enough. The company's customer service really need to have better training for it's team members to be consistent with the requirements. disembark was so simple just like leaving a ferry, not custom, no immigration.

Good Ports of Call, Okay Food, No Passport Required

Pride of America Cruise Review by wenjoe

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview
I've been on about 5 cruises now, and first time with NCL.

disembark was so simple just like leaving a ferry, not custom, no immigration.
wenjoe’s Full Rating Summary