Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review
1,650 Reviews

Really enjoyed the Celebrity Infinity!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by jillsalamanca

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 8

Just returned from sailing on the Celebrity Infinity Pacific coastal with port stops in Monterey, Ensenada, San Diego, Catalina Island and Santa Barbara. Wonderful port stops, and even though we had to tender the majority of the timing, the tenders were quick and always available, no lines. :) We were surprised there was not a whale watching excursion in Monterey, but right off the port we booked our own excursion on Chris' Whale Watching and were not disappointed. Saw over 40 whales up close and personal. fantastic!

If you have a port stop in Santa Barbara highly recommend renting a car and driving to Reagan Library and Air Force One in Simi Valley. Takes a little over an hour to drive there but well worth the drive.

We took a watercolor painting class which was great fun! highly recommend I had never painted in my life and I would say the majority of the class were newbies, and we all were impressed with the final results.

The entertainment was outstanding. Don't miss the shows! Liked every show we saw - Dean Gaines, comedian, David Meyer was OUTSTANDING. What energy! Lou ___ from season 2 of American Idol was the best singer I have ever heard on a ship. Really enjoyed the aerialists from Romania and Croatia (a husband and wife to-be team).

There is a 3:30 pm snack time. This is really afternoon tea with scones and teas and sandwiches and desserts. Liked this a lot as you don't have to sit in a main dining room, you can just get your scones and tea and enjoy at your leisure.

Also loved that they have free ice cream 4 flavors and sorbets, 3 or 4 flavors on Deck 10, Oceanview Cafe. Plenty of choices.

We had great dinners in the main dining room and a wonderful group of servers.

DO NOT MISS going to the large outside pool on Deck 10 near the Canyon spa. This was another highlight of the ship. There is not a charge to use this pool and it is fantastic! Not to be missed. The water is warm and wonderful and water is salty. My husband likes a cool pool but I loved this pool!!!

Cruise director Patti was great and was also a fantastic singer,

Overall rating -- 9+ I would have rated this cruise a perfect 10 had the TV in our room been better and movies been available on the ship. If you are thinking about seeing California coast, be sure to book this cruise!

jillsalamanca's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View 8
Cabin 08 3055

Our first cruise in an ocean view room. The room was nice, but I was disappointed with the TV and viewing choices. The TV was the worst thing about our trip. There was only one movie on the viewing channels and every other movie was a charge. I did miss a movie theatre or outside TV viewing. I think this should be fixed. Also the TV channel changing was very difficult. You have to be at a certain angle to change the channel and it takes forever.

San Diego

We took the local bus to the San Diego Zoo. About a 5 minute walk from the pier. The zoo was fantastic! We were very lucky that it was a weekday and not crowded at all.

Monterey

One of the highlights of our trip. Took the tender to the pier and Chris' Whale Watching is right at the pier. You can go online and sign up ahead of time to make sure they have enough room (highly recommend). About a 40 person boat. Cost was $37.00 per person. We saw 40+ whales!! Our own whale show!

San Francisco

I work in SF so we enjoyed hanging out on the ship.

Ensenada

We took the bus that was at the pier and paid $3 RT for bus ride. Then we paid $15 RT to be taken to the straw market and blow hole.

Catalina Island (California)

We rented the golf carts at a spot that was right off the pier. You walk across the street. $40/hour. It was great fun driving all over the island. The island has lots of golf carts going all over the place. Loved it. Golf carts are available that seat 6.

jillsalamanca