3. Viking Tor
We took the Danube River cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest in early July. We also went on the Prague extension prior to the cruise. The Viking staff was outstanding, meeting us at the airport in Prague and being available in the hotel lobby during the day. The tour of Prague was arduous, but it is a beautiful city and I'm glad we took it. The bus ride from Prague to Nuremberg took us through the German countryside which was very interesting. We found the accommodations to be acceptable. We had a French balcony, which doesn't have a balcony, but we didn't spend much time in our room. The room was small but very clean. The staff is very attentive and goes out of their way to meet your needs. When I boarded the ship, I informed the chef that I am a vegan; he prepared special entrees for me for lunch and dinner each day and our waiter made sure that I had soy milk for my breakfast cereal. The excursions were very interesting although some of the tour guides were a bit long-winded. My husband and I escaped one day and wandered into a beautiful church with black altars that no one else on the tour saw. The tours were more difficult for us because the temperature every day was over 95 degrees, except for the day we were in Vienna when it rained. I wish we had stayed for the extra time in Budapest. We loved the city and spent only a day there. We took the optional tour of the Jewish district in Pest which was well worth it for the beautiful synagogue and the exhibits. The memorials to victims of the holocaust are truly outstanding.

A Great Way to Travel