• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Viking Kara Review

Editor Rating

Our Best Vacation by Far!

Review for Viking Kara to Europe River
kathicomcast.net
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin: Veranda Suite

From the moment we landed in Basel until the time we left in Amsterdam, our trip was wonderful.

The weather was amazing, although a little on the warm side. We arrived at the airport late morning and were zoomed through customs and told to have a nice cruise by airport personnel. We immediately were met by Viking personnel and taken to the ship where lunch awaited us. Since we hadn't had time to have much except the airline breakfast, it was a feast for sore eyes. The buffet was lovely.

Our room was ready for us right after we ate, so that we were able to freshen up before we took the walking tour of Basel. The tour was interesting, informative and fun. I took lots of pictures. The gave us some free time (about 45 minutes) enough time to stop at a sidewalk cafe and have a cappuccino.

Veranda Suite

Cabin AA

Our suite was immaculate. The young man that took care of our room was polite and efficient. We enjoyed the balcony and the nearness of the coffee machine in the morning.

The bathroom was large and bright. There was plenty of space in the closet. I especially enjoyed the birthday cake towels on my bed when I arrived back in my room after dinner.

Thank you for a lovely cruise.

Port Reviews

Cologne

The cathedral is beautiful., Well worth seeing.

1 Helpful Vote