3. Viking Lofn
Staff was beyond wonderful. They were always upbeat and helpful. One night my husband forgot to check in that he was on board. I was in the cabin asleep and one of the staff called to see if he was in the room. I freaked out because I knew we were sailing at that point. My husband however is always very punctual and I was worried something had happened to him. The staff person called me back to let me know he was with the guys on the top deck. I was so impressed and of course very relieved. Food was fantastic. I did gain the 10 pounds they promised. My big disappointment though was that we did not dock close to towns. We did in Passau and a couple of others only. It was over 100 degrees quite a few days and I would have liked rather than going on tours to be able to walk into town and come back when I wanted. Other Viking ships docked closer to towns. If there was a reason for this I would have appreciated knowing. Friends of ours who were on the Grand European from Budapest to Amsterdam at the same time we were stopped at docks in the towns. The tours we took were wonderful. The Kinderdik windmill stop was much better than the last time we stopped on a different brand of cruise ship. We got to go inside one and have demonstrations by the windmill keeper who even wore wooden shoes. To sum up I love Viking but since being able to get off the ship and walk around is important to me, I am not sure what I will do the next time we take a river cruise. I don't know if I can find out where the boat will dock- next to towns or not.

Grand European Cruise; Amsterdam to Budapest

Viking Lofn Cruise Review by apple501

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony Superior

Food was fantastic. I did gain the 10 pounds they promised.

apple501’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Lofn price drops

French Balcony Superior
Cabin C 330
We always enjoy the rooms with the floor to ceiling sliding glass doors. They are less expensive and if you are in your room you can see everything. For us there is plenty of room and storage. You can't have company in a room this size but when we travel we usually are with family and meet in the lounge areas. This lounge was so comfortable and used by many to read, visit,and have a cocktail.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins