3. Viking Baldur
We had cruised on the Viking Bragi in 2013 for 15 days - Budapest to Amsterdam. It was wonderful so we booked a shorter cruise on part of the same river. We really prefer river cruising. We flew into Brussels and spent three days in Brugge. The Viking representative from the airport was very nice and informative. He let me sit up front so he could point out the area where my grandmother grew up. The guide in Brugge was exceptional too. We truly love sitting on the top deck watching the scenery or relaxing on our veranda. We don't typically stay up late so we did not see the entertainment. The ship was beautiful and very clean. We upgraded to a suite this time it was soooo worth the extra money. Many of our new friends came by to check out our cabin. The service was awesome on board ship. We only experienced one disappointing instance with the cruise director when he would not allow my husband and I to ride one of the excursion buses into town. We were unable to walk , what turned out to be about a mile, into the town for the walking tour. There was a bus going to the castle that went right through the town and he would not let us ride it. He said he would call us a taxi at our expense. It wasn't about the money...it was about customer service. We chose to stay on the ship.

Love River Cruising

needlewood’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Baldur price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 316
Very much worth the little bit of extra money. The bathroom was very well appointed with heated floors and a full size shower. It was nice to have the sitting room it made it easier to relax because we were not cramped. The lighting was amazing, once we figured it out. It was like having the lighting read your mind there were so many combinations. Of course having the veranda is the only way to cruise on the river.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins