3. Viking Atla
My friend and I began our trip with a stay arranged by Viking at the Castle District Hilton, a beautifully appointed hotel (directly opposite the incredibly magnificent Parliament building) whose structure contained walls of antiquity that added to the historical feel of being almost part of Fisherman's Bastian, one of the most picturesque areas of the Buda side of Budapest. Our river cruise was wonderful. The service, ambiance, exceptional food preparation and desire to please the 167 passengers on our cruise was realized throughout the duration of the journey down the Danube. Unfortunately, the river level was too high for the entire trip to continue on the river to our final destination to Nuremburg, but the company and crew accommodated our ports of call by bus midway through to the end. Although that was an initial disappointment, Viking kept to its high standards and did whatever was humanly possible to make our trip remain complete. Yes, we missed quite a few locks, but nevertheless the outcome was a most memorable experience. We added a stay in Prague through Viking after the disembarkation and were impressed with the arrangements there as well. My first river cruise with Viking hopefully won't be my last!

From Budapest to Nuremburg

Puppylady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Atla price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
That cabin was beautiful and well kept!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins