3. Viking Spirit (Retired)
We sailed on the Viking Spirit for a seven day cruise on the Seine. Before we sailed, we spent four days in Paris. The Viking Cruise team arranged for our hotel and some walking tours. I cannot say enough good things about the Viking team. We were met at the airport by one of their representatives, and were treated like royalty from the time we landed until the time we left for home. Every Viking employee, from the cruise director, Guillaume, to the the maintenance staff was wonderful. I never saw such a hard working, dedicated staff. The food was sensational, also. We have cruised on several different ships, but this was the best one. The boat is small, and we were able to meet some wonderful people. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, as well. While we were sailing on the boat, we were able to walk on the upper deck, tour the kitchen, and simply enjoy the beauty of the river and the French architecture and scenery. There was not the hustle and bustle that you find on the large cruise ships. The cruise itself was a wonderful experience. We traveled on the Seine and stopped at many historical places, including the Claude Monet house and Versailles. The best part of the trip, for me, was the day we spent at the Normandy Beaches and the American Cemetery. It was very emotional for everyone, and made me appreciate even more the sacrifices that our soldier heroes made. There is no doubt that we will again sail with Viking in the not too distant future.

Best cruise we ever took

Viking Spirit (Retired) Cruise Review by MoodyALR51

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window
MoodyALR51’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Spirit (Retired) price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window
Cabin A
Although small, the cabin was very comfortable. It was beautifully maintained and very clean. There was plenty of space for storing our clothing, also.
Upper Deck Outside Cabins