3. Viking Baldur
From our first day on our river cruise, we had a great time! Food was delicious! Service by the crew was superb! Ports-of-call were fantastic, even though it rained at most of them...off and on and not steadily. Ha! Most of the tour guides knew their stuff and the hikes weren't that bad, considering I had just had a hip replacement in November, 2014 and would be having my other one done the end of April, 2015. The number of locks was a little overbearing, but what are you to do, going from where we boarded to where we ended in Amsterdam? The trip from Frankfurt, Germany to Amsterdam had far fewer locks and the weather was definitely great, although in Amsterdam, the weather was exceptional, so we roasted out at the gardens--which were beautiful. I got my castle pictures and loved every minute of seeing them again; and, hiking up to the large one on the hill was just wonderful! Even though it rain slightly, walking all around in that beautiful castle, without a guide, and only with two or three others who I met, as the highlight for me--Wertheim, I believe it was called. I would highly recommend having more time in that port, so a tour could be arranged up there, which could include the restaurant, also, when it was open. It was so close to the river and wouldn't require bus's, like a couple of the sites did. Cabin was delightful for a riverboat, although we were on a lower deck this time around. Ha! The disembarkation went smoothly and we so much appreciated the Viking crew that went with us...or met us at the airport, so we wouldn't have problems. Much appreciated!

The Rainy River Cruise--No Fault of Viking