3. Splendour of the Seas
The ship itself is in great nick considering it is being sold next year. The food was of good quality. The entertainment was OK, nothing great. However I marked this cruise down due to the extremely poor service we received . Firstly we are Crown and Anchor Diamond members and RC provide a Diamond lounge on board along with a concierge who is there to assist you . The first day we were there we asked the concierge which side of the ship we should be on to see the best of Venice when the ship departed. He told us the ship didn't pass by Venice but went straight out to sea. This was totally wrong and as a result we missed seeing Venice from the deck. When we visited the Diamond lounge that evening he flatly denied what he said at first. Then he relented and said it was his first day on board and he didn't know if the ship passed Venice or not. That is totally unacceptable behaviour from someone in his position. If he didn't know, why didn't he say that ? However what happened next was unbelievable. I was having a drink with my family and he came over and asked me to go to his desk with him. I won't go into details as to what he said and did next but suffice it to say that he insulted and embarrassed me right there in front of my family . So much so that we left and didn't go back to the Diamond lounge for the rest of the cruise. Secondly, Royal Caribbean allow you to bring a bottle of wine on board for consumption in your stateroom. Perhaps they should tell that to their bar staff . The third day of our cruise was our anniversary. I went to the bar to get two wine glasses to take back to the room. The barman refused to give me any. I told him it was for the bottle in my room. He then barked very loudly that we were not allowed alcohol in our stateroom. Again, quite embarrassing. If RC allow you to bring this on board, can I suggest they leave a couple of glasses in the room too. Either that or educate your crew better as to your policies. As I said earlier the food is OK but to wait an hour for your starter to arrive in the Main Dining Room is not acceptable. Our worst night was a two and a half hour sitting. Not good enough RC. Finally, one which seems to be repeating itself on each of my RC cruises is the incorrect charges appearing on my account which I then have to go to guest services to correct. When I am on holiday , I really don't want to spend time standing in a queue only for the guest services representative to go on the defensive each time I point out their error. I had to go to get incorrect charges removed four times on this 7 day trip. That is not on. I have given up asking them why this keeps happening. As I said it seems to be the norm now on a RC cruise. I can only suggest other passengers regularly check their account.

It's good service that makes the difference; please tell that to your crew RC.

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by gettinold