3. Norwegian Gem
This was my first cruise so I have nothing else to compare it to, but it was AWESOME!!!! We sailed out of NY and parked at the cruise terminal. Embarkation was fast and painless. We arrived at thr cruise terminal at11:30am and were in our room at 12:25pm. Our luggage arrived by 3pm. Dining- We did not purchase the dining package but we enjoyed all of our meals at the buffets and MDRs. Service was a bit slower at the Grand Pacific...the nights we ate there usually took about 2 hrs,but it was well worth the wait. On sea days the grills were on the pool deck and the chicken, rice, and corn on the cob was excellent. The washy washy girls are awesome especially Raelyn who greeted us with her beautiful smile every morning! Onboard activities- Fun Fun Fun! Dan Dan was the cruise director and he was fabulous! I did not realize how busy I would be...I thought I would be sitting by the pool all day,boy was I wrong! There is something for everyone. There were a lot of activities that cost money...Bingo was pretty expensive and was not worth it. They played Deal or no Deal and it was 20.00 a card to play. I thought that was a little much, but my niece got picked to go on stage and won $193, so it was worth it just for that. The adult Quest game is a must...I have not laughed that much in a long time. Also another activity that you should make time to go is the Battle of the cake Masters with Dan Dan ...it was hysterical! They had several dance parties and it could get crowded. I went to every show and each was better than the next. The Magika show was excellent and so was the Duo Balskatt. The singers and dancers on the ship were great! We were lucky as there were not a lot of children. We always got chairs on the pool deck and most of the time could find room in the hot tubs. Service- was excellent. Our cabin steward Eduardo was great and attended to our every need. He had towel animals each night. It was my birthday on the trip and I returned to my room to find a complimentary bottle of champagne! Everyone was kind and it was like a big happy family. One Thursday night after the show the staff members came out and sang. It was very touching. These workers never stopped and worked their butts off to make our trip perfect. They deserve every penny of the 13.50 per day gratuity charge. Ports- Port Canaveral. I could have done without. Great Stirrup Cay was the highlight of our trip. We went to the Lagoon which was to the left of the main beach. You could walk or take the tram. It was breathtaking! The lunch they served on the island was delicious. They were the best ribs and chicken I ever had. In Nassau we took a tour with one of the locals. It was very depressing and kind of creepy seeing the conditions these people live in. We did walk to Junkaroo Beach and it was beautiful. You could see your toes in the crystal clear water. Our party of 7 had a marvelous time and I loved the Gem and all of its hardworking staff! Looking forward to cruising on the Gem again!!

First cruise on Norwegian Gem

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by chefnene

• Sail Date: September 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

Looking forward to cruising on the Gem again!!
chefnene’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8514
There were 4 of us and although it was small there was plenty of storage space and the suitcases fit under the bed. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and we always had plenty of clean towels.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins