3. Celestyal Olympia
I booked this cruise, to celebrate our wedding anniversary, in a hurry, it was a last minute idea I had and didn't read any reviews, it just matched my available dates so I went for it, and am very glad I did. Even though it was our very first cruise experience ever, I knew that cruises through the Greek isles are supposed to be smaller and less luxurious than those in the Caribbean for example, so I set my expectations accordingly. Yes, it's an old ship, but very well maintained and with an excellent crew on board. All crew staff was great: the waiters always making sure if you're in need of a refill, the entertainment crew was absolutely brilliant, most of them multilingual and always with a smile on their faces. The shows on board were quite nice, really. The band in the theater was great, believe me, it was a Greek rock band that could nail Pink Floyd classics and make it look easy (great guitar player). Food was sometimes good and sometimes very good, not great. And to be honest, cruising through the Aegean is all about the destinations, we visited Mykonos, Patmos, Rhodes, Kusadasi, Crete and Santorini. My only complaints: The weather was very bad, sea was very rough for the last two days of our journey, so bad that hale was falling in Crete and we couldn't disembark in Santorini due to the high waves. We were later refunded for the cancelled tour in Santorini. Cabin is outdated and not very comfortable to be honest. The Cuban band in the Latin bar, really sucked. Trust me on this one, I am latino and know perfectly the difference between good and bad Latin music. This bar was always empty, so clearly I was not the only one with this opinion. All in all, I can recommend this cruise, we had a great time, and would book in Celestyal again, not a 5 star, but definitely a 4. Recommendations: Don't go for the all-inclusive alcohol drink package unless you're a really serious drinker/drunken; you won't get your money's worth even if you spend all 4 days drinking till unconscious. Don't buy the Video or the Photographs, not worth it.

Glad I didn't read reviews before selecting this cruise

Celestyal Olympia Cruise Review by reypros@gmail.com

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: Greece

My only complaints:

Cabin is outdated and not very comfortable to be honest.

Recommendations:

Don't buy the Video or the Photographs, not worth it.
reypros@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary