3. Emerald Princess
Embarkation was a bit fraught as the staff ignored any priority stickers and still sent you to the long line instead of the correct one. Ignored her and went to Priority everything went well. Nice room - poor steward She was almost invisible and could not make a bed to save her life. She was great at pass the buck [- contact housekeeping - she would say for anything you asked. Not that this spoilt our cruise we just ignored the problems and sorted them ourselves We had a traditional late sitting table and a nice group of diners except on lady would ALWAYS come 10 minutes late which made getting to entertainments more difficult. The meet and greet was a hoot Not a great many of the promised roll call members turned up but those who did really enjoyed the visit of 15 of the top officers including Captain and first officer (with his little girl) and the CD. They stayed for about 1.25 hours and talked one to one with everyone there Such a friendly group. Thereafter during the cruise they would recognise us and use our names when greeting us. The first two weeks we had a pair of waiters who did not know their jobs and insisted on stretched across anyone who was actually eating to give something to the next person (what happened to silver service rules?) Nothing was said but the last week we had another pair who were marvellous and so helpful in every way the atmosphere of our meals changed immensely. The food was not the best we have had from Princess but still good. I was surprised and disappointed that there was no Greek night although it was a black sea and Greek islands cruise. The Chef advised when asked that their menus came from head office and they could not change them - strange I think considering the itineraries. I did request lamb shanks for a meal one night giving 48 hours notice - but they were not available. The entertainment was strangely timed and therefore mostly the late sitting diners could not partake in much except the late shows. Even the final Bingo was scheduled for 3/4 hour after the late dinner started No way could we take part. The dancing shows were good but the comedian was poor and the ventriloquist spoilt his show after a first good half then it went down hill as he got badly blue. The ports were very close of course being the Med and every day was a hectic tour with loads of walking and climbing steps but although exhausted we had a fantastic time. I had been honest and given in 2 bottles of Brandy for collection at the end of the cruise and it took me two hour to find these bottles which were not delivered in the normal way and I was waiting to finalise my packing., Eventually they were found IN THE LOST PROPERTY!! Disembarkation was easy no lines and our taxi was waiting for us on time

A lovely ship with superb officers and most staff

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by windsor26

Disembarkation was easy no lines and our taxi was waiting for us on time
windsor26’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE R236
I had to have the beds reconfigured as they had ignored our request
I had to purchase a cork screw as the only way to have a bottle opened was for a member of the room service staff to come up each evening when requested to open the bottle!!! I did not want to have to call someone for such an action so bought one which will stay in my packing for future cruises.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins