3. Ryndam (Retired)
We read so many bad reviews we were not quite sure what we were getting into. However, we all had a great week cruising to Norway and would not have missed it for anything. This was our 2nd cruise with HAL and was much better than the first one. I was traveling with my husband and my brother and we were all very pleased with it. We picked up the HAL bus at Heathrow and arrived at the ship about noon. Embarkation was smooth and we were on the ship in time for lunch. About a week before the cruise we were offered an upgrade to the Navigation suites for a very low price and it was well worth it. The cabin was beautiful, very spacious, especially for 3 people, and we all loved it. We also had a huge verandah which was nice, but it was a little chilly to sit out. We also had access to the Neptune Lounge and we used that a lot. It's a nice room with Wi-Fi and snacks and newspapers and we had some fun coffee breaks with other passengers there. The two ladies who were concierges in there were very friendly and could not do enough to help us with anything. We found the staff, mostly Indonesians, were very friendly and genuinely interested in helping us with anything. Truthfully, I could not say enough about the staff, they were wonderful. The food was delicious, especially their bread and baked goods. We had breakfast in The Pinnacle a few times which was very nice. Never had a bad meal. We went to 3 shows which were OK, entertaining anyway. We saw no signs of the norovirus and were very particular about using the sanitizers which were everywhere. In Bergen and Alesund we did the hop-off-on bus and enjoyed it very much. Geiranger was just beautiful on a clear sunny day and we took a local tour bus to the top of the mountains, something not to be missed. I really can't find very much to complain about this cruise. The only things I can think of are the bathtub, which is very high and would be hard for seniors to get in and out of. Also, the Wi-Fi was expensive and very spotty at times, but I realize that was out of their control and was because of the mountains all around. All in all, a good cruise and we would have no hesitation in using HAL again.

Don't listen to the horror stories.... great cruise!

Ryndam (Retired) Cruise Review by picky75

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Suite with Verandah

All in all, a good cruise and we would have no hesitation in using HAL again.
picky75’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ryndam (Retired) price drops

Neptune Suite with Verandah
Cabin SA 28
Excellent, it was beautiful and well looked after.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins