3. Norwegian Sky
My husband and I recently cruised on the NCL Sky for a 4 night trip to the Bahamas. We arrived in Miami and was on board by 3:00. I was told there would be champagne and samples of food from the specialty restaurants when we boarded. We did get the champagne but I saw no sign of sample food. Little did I know this would just be the beginning of things that should have been but weren't. First I have to express that this was my very first cruise. I had booked it in May 08 and had nine months of anticipation building. No one could have been more excited than me. MY husband and I were combining both our January birthdays as well as our 7 year anniversary (New Year's Eve) to take this trip. My ONLY real desire was to find those beautiful aqua waters that the Bahamas are known for. The ship was beautiful and I very much enjoyed our balcony room. However there was supposed to be someone show us to our cabin but we were on our own. There was no map of the ship in our room and we found it difficult to find certain areas. The first night I cut my leg shaving and got blood on the bed sheets. We slept on those for two nights before they were changed. Our mini fridge never got restocked the whole trip. There were no cute animals made out of towels on our bed at night. As a matter of fact, I only saw our room attendant one time the entire trip and she just knocked on the door to introduce herself. I had been told that there would be what NCL refers to as a "Chocoholics Buffet" one night of our cruise. Never happened. When I asked customer service about it, they did not know what I was talking about. There was no midnight buffet. The brochure promised we would have a lobster dinner one night of our choosing on the cruise. Never happened. The next to the last day of our cruise, our room was never cleaned. The bed stayed unmade and the trash was running over. Now about the food. The first two nights we ate in the main dining rooms. Let me warn you...two dining rooms serving the very same menu. The food was good. The rest of the cruise we chose to eat grilled burgers on the pool deck, day one and day four. The burgers were excellent but by the time you chased down the condiments to go on it, it was cold. We always had to go searching for a Coke to drink with our meal. They were always out of mayo, tomatoes, etc. I did enjoy room service for breakfast on my balcony. Now let's talk about the ports of call. The wind was horrible and never stopped. Because of this, we had 5 and 6 foot waves rocking the boat. We had a pretty good time at Freeport but when I tried to get in the water, the waves would knock me down. Nassau wasn't much fun. About an hour after going ashore it started raining. The temp was in the high 60's so it was pretty miserable when you got wet. I headed for Cabbage beach to try and get some water play in but that's when it started raining. I was still okay at this point because I knew we were going to Great Stirrup Cay the next day and we could break out our snorkeling equipment and have the fun we had come down here for. Never happened. The waves were so high they could not safely get the tender next to the ship. Next thing we hear is the Captain saying we will be having a fun day at sea. I however, did not sign up for a fun day at sea. I wanted to be on the island snorkeling. I don't understand why he couldn't have gone to the other side of the island which would have been protected from waves or at the very least taken us by Freeport again since we went right by it. Instead I slept all day in my tiny little room knowing that not only had I wasted $2000.00 but five days of my hard earned vacation for nothing. I literally was devastated. I had anticipated this week for so long and it was a disaster from beginning to end. The money didn't even bother me as much as the vacation time. I will never cruise on NCL again. It doesn't matter if you are a first time cruiser. You have enough sense to know when something is good or bad. My experience was extremely bad.

First time cruiser expectations were completely crushed

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by garnetfire

Rates
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9238
Very small room with very little storage. The bathroom was extremely small. I did enjoy our balcony. The air didn't work very well. The beds were way too firm for my taste and had to ask for extra blankets.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins