Viking Odin Cruise Review

Viking Odin Cruise Review by seacruiser717

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

After 37 ocean cruises, this was our first river cruise. I worried I would not be able to enjoy a vessel without all the amusements of the larger cruise ships, but that worry never entered my thoughts once onboard. This trip "City of Lights" started with 2 days in Prague, 7 days on the Viking Odin and ended with 2 days in Paris. We extended Prague by one extra day and we were very glad to be rested when the tours began. We added three more days to Paris which sounded like a lot when we booked, but regrettably we could have used more time. Five days for the first Paris visit is just not enough. The towns we visited throughout Germany were well chosen and full of history. We saw and experienced the real Germany and I for one cannot wait to explore more of this beautiful country.

The staff of the Viking Odin was so delightful. The captain, the Hotel Manager, the Program Director and even the Chef made every effort to make you feel like part of their family and not just a paying guest on their vessel.

The food was excellent and each meal was accompanied by the wine of the region we were visiting. Many choices and I cannot imagine anyone ever leaving the table hungry or unsatisfied.

All tours were well thought out and very well organized. Buses are very clean all drivers were very personable.

This trip was more than I hoped for and we can't wait for another experience with Viking.

seacruiser717's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony
Cabin D 226

The cabins are small as compared to ocean cruises, but this is a long boat and space is a premium. The bed was king sized and very comfortable with quality lining.

The shower was big and the best I have had on any other cruise ship. Water is free in the room and quality soap, shampoo and conditions are provided.

seacruiser717