This cruise was great for me and my 2 year old daughter because it is a family friendly and not too formal. There ship was a perfect mix of activity and relaxation. The entertainment in the starlights theatre was brilliant, I especially enjoyed the Encore performance of West end hits. My daughter loved the kids club and still talks about it now, a month later. The pirate pool was fun for her to splash around in safely, although it needed a good clean. I found that the pools and pool areas were not large enough to accommodate the number of passengers on board, particularly on sea days where most people reserve sun beds all day with towels. We had freedom dining at the Ligurian restaurant but only ate there once. I had steak but it was inedible, very overcooked and served inexplicably with gravy and chips. It really was disgusting. The food in the buffet restaurant was a lot better and we preferred the more relaxed and spacious environment. One memorable lunch time was spent seated at the window overlooking Vesuvius. All the staff on board were so helpful and friendly. Our cabin steward Danny was brilliant. The shops on board were pleasant to have a wander around on sea days.

First Time Cruise Mum and Toddler

Oceana Cruise Review by Bluebell28

Bluebell28’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get P&O Oceana price drops

Cabin D202
We had an inside cabin D202 which was right at the front of the ship. It was a quiet cabin except when docking and sailing away when we experienced some noise and vibration. The cabin was very clean with lots of storage. We asked Danny to push the bed across to one side of the room so we had a bit more space. The room decor was dated but it had everything we needed. Shower was good and water pressure fine with my thick hair. A minor annoyance was only one socket. I would choose an inside cabin again. Room service was a treat with a good variety of options.
  Oceana Deck Plans

• Cavtat Walking Tour
    Charming Cavtat and Dubrovnik excursion. We had a lovely time, Cavtat is beautiful. We had a little splash around in the water and a look around the shops. There was probably too much time in Cavtat and not enough in Dubrovnik. The guide was very informative on the drive to Cavtat where we had amazing views across to the old town of Dubrovnik.
    View All 27 Cavtat Walking Tour Reviews
  • Pisa Walking Tour
    Pisa half day tour with trolley ride. It was supposed to last four hours but we got back to the ship after 3 hours. There wasn't much to do in Pisa with the time we had available. We had a quick wander around, had some photos, an ice cream and then time to go. The trip was very overpriced and many people struggled to understand the guide's thick Italian accent. The trolley ride was pointless, didn't see anything interesting. Im glad I went, just so I can say I've seen the leaning tower.
    View All 80 Pisa Walking Tour Reviews
  • Venice
    The ship was offering a transfer in to Venice but the price was ridiculous. We took a short walk from the dock to the people mover and paid €3 for a monorail ride to Place Roma. From there we got the number 2 Vaperetto (pushchair friendly) to St Mark's square. The Vaperetto was a good way to see Venice without the walking in the heat. After a wander around and sightseeing we got a water bus back to place Roma for the People mover.
    View All 1,422 Venice Cruise Port Reviews