3. Oasis of the Seas
This was the third cruise for my husband and myself and our first for our boys ages 11 and 13. We've previously sailed on Carnival and Princess and wanted to try a huge ship that would appeal to older kids. It was wonderful!!! Yes, we were rerouted due to hurricane Danny, but we knew this could happen when we booked during the hurricane season. Those who complained about this should cruise at a different time of year. We flew from Mpls, Mn the day before so we wouldn't be worried about flight delays or being exhausted the first day of the cruise. We stayed at Courtyard by Marriot airport and cruiseport hotel which I researched and it was perfect. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and then free shuttle to cruise port in the morning. We were able to walk to a wonderful restaurant next door and we loved that it was attached to a Bass Pro Shop! Months before our cruise I booked 6pm dinner each night, signed waivers for zipline, etc., and booked all our shows. Those who complain about not getting into shows should prebook like RC recommends. My entire family enjoyed all the shows! Just my older son and I went to Cats. I've seen Cats in London and this was just as good!!! The adult comedy show was great too. We sent our kids to the kid activites when we went to this. Those who complain about Cats have probably never been to a full length production of a broadway show. I knew my younger son and husband had no interest in seeing it, so we didn't even have them try it. We never ate at specialy restaurants since the cruise cost enough that we assumed the main dining room would be wonderful and it was. We ate at a variety of places for breakfast and lunch but really favored the Park Café. I wasn't a fan of the Windjammer, but my kids and husband thought it was fine for breakfast or lunch. We did snorkeling excursions and they were great too. As for our rooms. Heaven!!! We had adjoining oceanview staterrooms that were quiet and larger than average because they were in the very front of the ship on the 7th floor with the huge windows. Huge hallways too with no evening foot traffic made them the perfect choice. Our room steward was incredible as were the waiters and waitresses in the MDR. In fact, we never came across anyone who wasn't kind and helpful. Please ignore negative reviews. I second guessed this vacation many times after booking it whenever I read reviews. Glad my family still went. It was the perfect way to end summer!

Don't believe the reviews from lots of negative people!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Minnesota Teacher

We did snorkeling excursions and they were great too.

Minnesota Teacher’s Full Rating Summary