Very Disappointing: American Glory Cruise Review by freebw1

Very Disappointing

Sail Date: August 2015
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Portland (Maine)
My friends and I (6 of us in all) were looking forward to our cruise up the Maine coast. We are seasoned travelers and have experienced many cruises over the years. We were all very disappointed and felt we paid too much and received too little. The Glory is a very inadequate ship -- old and in need of retrofitting. There were no stabilizers and during the night the water was so rough the dresser drawers kept opening and closing as we were tossed around in our beds. Very dangerous if you got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and you trip over the open drawers.

The food was just terrible. Going on a cruise you expect great food. Not the case. It was prepackaged food (we saw the boxes being loaded onto the ship in port). When you expect NY strip steak (as written on the menu) and you get roast beef, it was a surprise. And having pork tenderloin 3 days in a row was a bit much.

The crew was very hospitable although very green. They did double More duty by serving us breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as cleaning our staterooms. A little bit much.

All in all not what I expected. I guess I expected too much after the other cruises (some 10 over the past 8 years). Being on a cruise ship you should expect good accommodations and great food. Not the case on the American Glory. Less

Published 09/13/15

Cabin review: 213

The rooms themselves were very old and the ceiling in our shower was peeling down.

Read more American Glory cruise reviews >>