• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jwhite034
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Dining was great. We have always cruised Carnival and decided to try Royal Caribbean. The ship was nice and easy to navigate. Service in dining area was great, but that's where it stops. I cruised with 10 guessed of mine and we like to hang out poolside in evenings, however they pretty much roll in the entertainment at dark. All bars close early outside, big screen TV on deck rarely plays, after 7:00 the deck is virtually a ghost town. I realize they cater to seniors, but come on... there are plenty of bars inside ship but seriously under staffed.

If you need help at the "service" desk, be prepared to wait and wait as it is under manned as well. I purchased a bottle of Rum in Belize (mainly to help the locals as they are in poverty) which I turned into the ship until disembarkment by protocol; Last I ever saw of that bottle! My visit to "Service" desk was a disaster. The man at the desk asked for a receipt to prove I bought a bottle. Seriously, a receipt from Belize? It was only about a $20.00 bottle which I could care less about except in principle. He was dang near rude. I only cruise about every 1-2 years, but I do so with 10-15 family members and friends. We have decided to stay with Carnival where we have yet to have a mediocre time with rude service.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

Not sure which balcony stateroom I stayed so I guessed. It was very nice. The gentleman who took care of us was great. only problem was a stopped up shower, which flooded the bathroom floor, which was taken care of promptly.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

just took a local tour to see the area.

Galveston

no excursion

Belize City

Took a local tour to see the area

Roatan

Took a local tour to view the Island. all excursions were booked before we could sign up. plenty of local tours though if you want one

Find a Navigator of the Seas Cruise from $178