3. Norwegian Star
I am normally a DIY-type of traveler, but this time I chose a cruise as part of my vacation. It was not the onboard activities that interested me, it was the itinerary: Copenhagen, Denmark; Warnemunde, Germany (with a day trip to Berlin); Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden and back to Copenhagen. I was not disappointed. Each city was very interesting to tour. Using the ship, the Norwegian Star, as a floating hotel and restaurant worked out well. My stateroom/cabin (#5022) was quiet and comfortable and the food and service were great! There wasn't enough time in most ports, but that was a given. All in all, I would recommend this cruise to those who want to sample the Baltic. For the most part, it was easy and efficient getting on and off the ship (St. Petersburg being the exception with all the Russian red tape). I chose TJ Travel for land excursions in Berlin and St. Petersburg. Both were excellent. I also used Rick Steves', "Northern European Cruise Ports," for information on each destination. Also excellent and very helpful. I did not use any of NCL's excursions. I thought they were overpriced. I used Trip Advisor's reviews to find TJ Travel. I had the "Ultimate Dining Package" and enjoyed trying each of the specialty restaurants. All were very good, but I did like Cagney's Steak House the best. The meals in the main dining rooms, Aqua and Versailles, were also very good. Love "freestyle" cruising. I prefer casual to formal and this cruise fit my style. I also was able to travel very light (one small suitcase and a tote).

Norwegian Star's Baltic cruise was great!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Panorama_Sue

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Picture Window

Panorama_Sue’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Family Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin O1 5022
This was a very nice cabin. It was a little bigger than I expected and had enough storage room for two people (suitcases under bed, three drawers per person and small shared closet). The bathroom was small, but adequate.

It's location on the 5th deck, starboard-bow, was convenient to the elevators. The window (not porthole) offered nice views when coming into port. Although there were families all around, it was quiet. The Baltic Sea is quite calm so there was very little pitching and rolling.

Our steward provided excellent service.
Deck 6 Outside Cabins