3. Celebrity Reflection
This was our first cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The service and cleanliness of the ship was exemplary. The food excellent. First impression on boarding was a little disappointing. A we walked up the gangway, a complimentary glass of champagne was handed to us, we then had to gulp it down before entering the lift to our cabin. I feel it would have been more impressive to go the the main foyer on deck 3 for the champagne reception. Boarding felt very rushed. We did not take out a drinks package as we found them far too expensive. The main restaurant is excellent, although we found it difficult to get a table between 8 - 8.30 pm, so I would recommend booking your dining times before you cruise. This often meant that we missed some shows (although that was not a bad thing). The only criticism I have is the entertainment. I had always imagined cruise ships to have glitzy showgirls and big shows every evening, including several acts....boy was I wrong. There was a 1 hour, 1 act show at two times during the evening, most of which were pretty poor. Celebrity have there own singers and dance crew who preformed a show 3 nights during the duration of the cruise. They were very good. The cheesy cruise director and his assistant are both British and made the entertainment feel a little like Butlins or Pontins UK holiday camps (party dances, Mr and Mrs competitions etc). There was also music in the main foyer on some nights until 12pm, after this the ship felt a little lifeless, other than the disco in the Sky lounger which went on until around 2am I believe.

Extremely Good First Cruise Experience