3. Disney Dream
My husband and I are retired, but we have always enjoyed all things Disney. We used our Disney Vacation Club member points to book the cruise, to celebrate our 38th anniversary. The week prior to the cruise, there was the possibility there would be a hurricane (Erika) which made us nervous as we were planning but fortunately it fizzled out and we had wonderful weather for the entire trip. Embarkation was very smooth: dropped off our luggage, parked in the adjacent garage, checked in, and were on the ship in short order. We had lunch at Cabanas buffet which had a nice variety of food including shrimp. The desserts were limited but we enjoyed an ice cream cone by the pool later in the afternoon. After lunch, it was time to see our cabin which was a veranda stateroom on deck 7, midship. We were very happy with the location near the elevators and with the room itself. The split bathroom is nice so two people can get ready for dinner at the same time and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching the sea. We attended the Disney Vacation Club member gathering which was nice as it included free drinks and a presentation about the latest news from the Vacation Club. It was a relaxed atmosphere with no high pressure sales -people who wanted more information were encouraged to make an appointment. We were on a dining rotation which scheduled our first dinner at Animator's Palette. It now features Crush the turtle on screens, interacting with the guests. I found it somewhat annoying but my husband thought it was funny. We were seated with two women in our age group, although of course there were a lot of families around us. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. The first evening's show was Golden Mickeys, which had lots of Disney magic. Our first port of call was Nassau. We took the Blue Lagoon excursion for a beach day. The boat picked us up right at the pier and it took about 30 minutes to get to our destination. We were given two coupons for soft drinks and a lunch coupon. There was a nice, very clean beach which had shade and lounge chairs. In a separate area, for an additional charge, there were a sea lion and a dolphin encounter, which we did not do. The lunch was a grilled sandwich with a choice of peas and rice or french fries, as well as cookies. The water was just beautiful and clear, and we enjoyed being away from the bustle of Nassau. The second night's dinner was at the Enchanted Garden, also very good. The show was Villains, which we did not care for. Our second port of call was Disney's private island Castaway Cay. It is perfect; we love going there. No tendering is required because there's a dock and trams to take you to the beach area. I spent a little while at the adult beach, Serenity Bay, where I had a cabana beach side massage - heaven! Meanwhile, my husband went snorkeling in the family beach area, where there is a marked off section for snorkelers. He said he saw a lot of fish and had a good time. We then spent time in the water and had lunch at Cookies Too, which was very good. That evening, there was a ventriloquist for the main show and then it was pirate night. There are two pirate shows, one early in the evening with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters which is kid friendly, and one at 10:30 p.m. with more realistic looking pirates, followed by fireworks shot off the starboard side of the ship. The last full day on the cruise was a sea day, so we relaxed, watched the movie "Big Hero 6" and had brunch at Palo. I hadn't been able to get reservations online but was able to book when we boarded the ship. The food was still excellent but they served it to you instead of just being able to help yourself, which seemed unnecessary to me. Our final night's dinner was in Royal Palace. The show was Believe, which features a lot of Disney characters and stories. Disembarkation went smoothly. We had an early breakfast and were off the ship by 8 a.m. Customs did not take long, so we were home a couple hours later. I thought the cruise staff on this ship was very professional. They would stop to answer questions and always greeted guests around the ship. I think Disney has a great product and we were very happy with our cruise.

Had a wonderful time on the Disney Dream.

Disney Dream Cruise Review by genmasjoy