Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Chasie

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Obstructed Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

11.15am - Joined a queue to get on which was over 100 yards long. "Computer glitch sir". 11.55am - got on board. Tried to log on to my pre-paid unlimited internet package with my iPhone. Error! "Computer glitch sir, try later. 12.45pm queued for 25 mins at Customer Service to get internet sorted. "Seems to be on iPhones sir, try turning your phone off and back on". Did so - Error! "Try again later sir".

13.45 - went to cabin. Bathroom dirty, towels in plastic bag on bed. Had bite to eat - very nice food and very good service. 16.30 - queued for 26 mins at Customer Service to Dort out Internet. "Have you tried turning the phone off and on sir?" About 6 passengers (holding iPhones and iPads) through their hands in the air, laugh and walk away. Tried on board ' Anthem app' all it ever did for 3 days was crash. Deleted and downloaded it 5 times. All it ever did was crash.

Can't be bothered to write about the ship or service other than to say there were not enough staff on board and everything took an age. Diamond Club had very little (actually none) security checks in place. If one of you could open the door with your sea card then you could all get in.

The first night was spent watching a family of brothers, sisters, dad, mum and one child spend over 1 hour on the computer with the Diamond Club host and believe it or not - they all got served with drinks. Were they Diamond Club members? Well the mother was because she kept giving her cruise card to each of them when they went out and came back in. Last night was the worst. Put two very large cases out at 7.05pm. They were still there, all on their own at 10.30. We queued for 20 mins to complain (you're getting the gist now aren't you) "oh dear, I'll send someone up to take them". 11.30pm - cases still outside our room. I queued at...20mins..."it will be dealt with"...1.15am...queued...got very angry. "We'll sort it sir". I should point out that all this time, now over 3 hours, my wife was telephoning Customer Services and getting: "we are experiencing...please wait while we... Please wait"...dial tone. She tried over 20 times. I went back 3 more time until gone 2am and was very tired and very angry.

We carried all our own cases off in the morning and I drove home in a poor state, which I'm not proud of because I shouldn't have driven in such a state. Will we go RC again? Well we have a 14 days cruise with 2 cabins (our son wants to cruise) held for us but we are going to cancel it once I've finished this review. Back to P&O and Celebrity.

Chasie's Full Rating Summary