3. Norwegian Jewel
My husband and I are 1st time cruisers. We have been married for 34 years and are a couple in our fifties who love to enjoy life. We have two daughters and five grandchildren. We live in a small town in Oklahoma. We flew from Dallas Fort Worth Airport to Seattle Washington Airport to start our trip. We stayed at the Seattle Hilton the night before our cruise. The motel was very pricey but overall a pretty good stay. We just got back from an Alaskan cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. We had a room with a big window to look out at the ocean. I wish now that we would have got a room with a balcony to enjoy the scenery more. I have to say it was the best vacation we have ever taken. The ship was beautiful, the staff was amazing and Alaska was breathtaking!! There was a waiter name Roy working the pool deck area that was amazing. He took great care of us and he remembered our names from the first day meeting us. I was expecting the food at the café, etc. to be a lot better then it was. It seemed like we were eating cafeteria food all the time and nothing just stood out and made us want to try it again. The shore excursions that we went on were amazing. I would have liked to spend more time at the ports rather than on the ship. Over all it was a great experience and we will be cruising again for sure.

1st time cruising!!

Debrajump’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OC 5528
Cabin was very nice. The AC could have been cooler as I do not sleep well when I get hot. The room attendants were awesome and always on the ball. We never had one problem with them. Very impressed!
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Float Plane
    This was by far the best excursion that we went on. The scenery from the plane was beautiful. The lunch at the lodge was awesome and the highlight of the trip was the bear that we saw at the lodge. I felt we were a little rushed while eating our lunch but another group was coming out so we had to finish up.
    View All 85 Float Plane Reviews
  • Fishing
    The Salmon fishing trip was awesome. My husband caught 2 pink Salmon and I caught 1 Silver Salmon. The fish was picked up by a processor and delivered to our house once we got home.
  • Seattle
    Downtown Seattle was horrible. There were way to many homeless people on the streets and they were begging for money. There were way to many druggies on the streets. Some very crazy people. The Duck tour was awesome until we broke down in the middle of 2nd Ave. People were yelling bad things to the duck boat driver as if he was in control of the engine failure. We had to wait in the middle of the street until another bus came and picked us up. The fish market was pretty cool but crowded. Restaurants were very hard to find in the area as we were walking.
    View All 840 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
  • Scenic Drive
    There was beautiful scenery along this route. We went into the Yukon Territory which was amazing. This was our first time to be in Canada. The lunch at the restaurant was great. Great tour guide.
    View All 110 Scenic Drive Reviews
  • Victoria
    Victoria BC was a beautiful town. We went shopping, ate supper at a local restaurant, took a boat taxi ride down the gorge and we admired the beautiful town. Very impressive.
    View All 1,320 Victoria Cruise Port Reviews