3. Celebrity Constellation
After many, many cruises with Princess, we tried Celebrity Silhouette last year, enjoyed it so much that we booked this cruise on the Celebrity Constellation. Okay, she's smaller and older but that's okay with us! We stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick the night before -----great choice because it's a gentle stroll, under cover, into North Terminal. The Executive Suite we chose was fine, ticked all of the boxes. Early next morning, we're flying off to Venice with BA. Arrived and then an easy transfer to the ship. One hitch: we didn't have an express check in voucher -----we weren't issued with one. So we had to write one out again. Pain. We were soon aboard but the crew didn't spot our bright blue wallets and so we weren't escorted to Michael's Club -----until I asked! Michael's Club is for Suite guests and people on the higher levels of the loyalty programme. After a quick snack up on deck, we headed back to Michael's Club so that we could be escorted to our Celebrity Suite. Dining: we tried the main dining room once for an evening meal ----never again. Christian, the Customers Relations Manager dealt with our complaint creatively. After that, all of our evening meals were in Luminae, a suites only restaurant. It was fine food with attentive service! Well done to all of the staff in there! I recommend the sea bass! Oh, I'm forgetting: we went to Tuscan Grill the first night and we enjoyed the experience a lot! We'd recommend it! Breakfasts? A mixture of main dining room, the self-service area and Luminae. No real problems except with waiters bringing things in the correct order in the main dining room. Lunches: one in the main dining room, others in Luminae or in the self-service area. Activities: well, my wife has banned me from trivia competitions ----but I did enjoy a music trivia one morning. Entertainment: we don't really do shows so we can't comment. However, we do enjoy the music ships. We really liked the Argentinian duo, Samsaya, who delivered quite a repertoire ranging from Eagles through popular jazz standards to Hispanic. Indeed, they went away and leant 'Dos Gardenias' for us. Fantastic. I wept. Communication: useless wifi in our room so we used the Celebrity i-lounge mid-ships. Fine. Laundry: our bone of contention! We paid a lot for a hit-and-miss service. I suspect that a lot of this was down to our butler. At times he was fantastic but at other times he just didn't make the grade. Room service: not used. On the way out we were invited to the helipad to watch Venice go by. Free bubbly and various crew members added to the occasion. We had a similar experience with Dubrovnik, for the Cruise Critic Get-together. It was interesting to meet people who participated in the pre-cruise forum. Sadly, the guy running the party didn't understand the jokes about haggis. Who was he? Would we go on another Celebrity cruise? It's booked ----months ago! Would we go on this class of ship again? Well, the Connie seemed like a favourite aunt, whereas the Silhouette was more like a niece! Yes, we would go on her again but only if there were no Soltice class ships serving the ports we'd like to go to.

Another Great Cruise with Celebrity!

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by eileenover

Early next morning, we're flying off to Venice with BA.

Room service: not used.

Would we go on another Celebrity cruise? It's booked ----months ago!

eileenover’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS 8104
Positioned in a bulge half way along the Connie.

Great size. Lounge area had a sofa, chair, dining table with 4 chairs, lots of cupboards, a large TV (hardly used), a coffee table, glasses, ice bucket, mini-bar (need to pay) and yet more cupboards! Oh, there was a docking port and also an ancient B & O CD/cassette (!) system.

The bedroom: comfortable bed, large TV (unused), lots of cupboards, walk in closet with doors and more cupboards. My wife was disappointed that she couldn't fill even half of the cupboards ----even though we'd brought 4 cases!

A double sized balcony was fine but the metallic furniture (table plus two recliners) was disappointing.

Lighting was good as was soundproofing.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins