3. Norwegian Spirit
Overall, a great experience on this cruise. The ship was lovely and well maintained, food in the dining rooms was excellent, buffet slightly less so, but still OK for snacks. The entertainment was generally very good, however I got bored watching dance shows most nights and would have preferred some more variety. They had a Beatles band in the showroom a couple of nights and they were really good. Lounge acts were varied, but catered well to a mixed audience. All of the staff were exceptional except for a proactively rude waitress at the Shanghai bar, but like most other passengers we just didn't go back there. The only real downside was the endless cacophony of screaming kids 24/7. I realize it's not the Cruise line's responsibility to supervise children when the parents are incapable of doing so, however some of the adult fare paying passengers would like to enjoy their hard earned vacations too. I was hit by an errant dart thrown by a 10 year old in Henry's pub, and kids were in every bar and often in the casino. A relaxed quiet meal was impossible and I found myself constantly dodging unsupervised kids running all over the ship, amusing at first; but tiresome after a 12 day cruise. Screaming brats aside, this was still a great cruise, the itinerary was excellent and we enjoyed most ports (it was very crowded at some ports, however it was the height of the tourist season). I would cruise with Norwegian again, particularly because of the excellent (in general) staff, quality ship and dining. I just wish they could allocate a few square inches of the ship to those who don't want to deal with other peoples kids all day.

Great Cruise; Screaming Kids

Saxier1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 9805
Went for the guaranteed cabin option which turned out to be a mistake. Not only did we not get an upgrade (fair enough) but we ended up with 2 skinny single beds with a giant pole in the middle of the cabin...we had at least requested 2 beds pushed together, but this turned out to be a non option also. Otherwise it was satisfactory, clean, reasonably well appointed and fair size. If you really listened hard late at night you could just hear the speakers from Champagne Charlies below, but it was not really an issue for us. TV channels boring and repetitive (same movies same time every day) but we didn't go on vacation to watch TV.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins