Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review
2,731 Reviews

Did not live upto my expectations from other RCI Cruises

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruise, cruise, cruise.

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This ship is nowhere near as impressive both visually and with the package delivered to the guest as other RCI ships. One of its main problems is the sheer number of people on board? They have increased the number of passengers on board but have not increased the length of our number of sessions of each activity. It was almost impossible to get involved in any of the onboard activities unless you arrived long before they started and stood in a que. The flow rider which I did get on and it was as wonderful as I remembered it but the sheer number of people meant a 90 second go and then a very long que for another go. Everything else except rock climbing was impossible to sample. The food was overall disappointing with the exception surprisingly of the American Grill which was excellent.The Grande is not very Grand at all and really does not have any wow factor. It's very ordinary. One Evening in Silk the kitchen overheated and was closed for a period of time. I didn't the starter that I ordered but my partner did and was then not offered a replacement when the kitchen reopened. My main meal was like warm, the sea bass watery and tiny and the noodles in a pool of grease and tasteless other than the oil. The waiter said that it wasn't their usual standard or size but the kitchen was in chaos. Another morning we went to the windjammer for breakfast, it was impossible to get a table even after walking around the entire restaurant 3 times. When we did get a table it was dirty and full of other people's waste. We didn't go again!! It was impossible to get on any of the activities as there are too many customers and not enough spaces in sessions and not enough sessions. The ship has too many passengers and not enough staff or activity sessions to match the numbers. Overall compared to independence of the seas this ship falls far below my expectations. I will NOT go back on that ship again! I am quite shocked how bad it was!

Cruise, cruise, cruise.'s Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Perfect for our needs, clean, comfortable and fabulous views from our balcony.

Cruise, cruise, cruise.