3. Celebrity Summit
My wife and I just completed our first cruise and it was great. It was a 7 day cruise to Bermuda. A little info before I start so you know where my comments are coming from. We don't normally eat at fancy restaurants, chills and Applebee's are where we take the kids and sometime a steak or seafood place. We are average blue collar folk in our 40s. We did a stay, park and cruise package with the Newark best western which worked out well aside from the party that was going a few rooms down until 2 am. Didn't hear it at all until they would go out in the hallway and yell to each other from each end. The transport to and from the hotel was easy and the hotel parking was tight but secured and monitored. We were concierge class and from the time we arrived pier side at 11am to the time we were on ship took 15 minutes. We preboarded online a few weeks before and had all our documents ready to go. The drink when first walking onboard was free but we were premium drink packages so didn't care either way. We walked around and explored a bit until just after 1 pm when they said we could go to our room. We were in room 7182 and it was great as was the staff. Our room was always well taken care of and they were very friendly. We had great views of the Statue of Liberty when leaving and had good views of Bermuda when leaving there also. We received our bags by 4:45 pm on boarding day. We ate at the main dining room most days for lunch and the food was always very good and in the main dining room at night most nights which for us was some of the best meals we have eaten. Billy was our main waiter and was very personable. His personality alone made our cruise worth the price. We did try the Quine and Normandy restaurants for dinner and enjoyed both but the MDR was so good and we had great table mates which really made us want to eat there. Breakfast was a mix of MDR, room service and once at the buffet. Nothing wrong with the buffet but we felt the MDR was more relaxing and less hustle and bustle. I was never Wow'd by breakfast onboard but it was always decent. Speaking of hustle and bustle, the pool area was always ridiculously packed and I wish they had more room. Beside the seating all around the pool being used the pools and hot tubs were packed like lobsters in a seafood tank. It's pretty much my only complaint for the cruise. My wife and I would take a quick dip if we could and then head to the top aft deck and lay out. That location is great as she likes the sun and I prefer a little shade after an hour of sun. Everyone on board, staff and guests were very nice and I was able to relax the whole week with little to no stress which was my goal. We did 4 tours with the ship while in Bermuda and all were well executed and easy to find/meet for us newbies. When we go again we will do some of our own touring as it is easy to get around the island via ferry, bus or cab and cheaper. The one we will do again is the elbow beach day excursion because the beach was perfect and we got a chair and umbrella included. There was a restaurant and bathroom facilities just a few steps away also. It looked like horseshoe bay beach had that also but there's was a farther walk than elbow beach ( or so I was told) and its more crowded at horseshoe bay by quite a bit. Boarding the ship the first day in Bermuda was slow because a few tours came back at the same time but the ship staff had flavored ice water for free and iced down washcloths that really cooled you down and refreshed the spirit. Disembarking on the last day was just as quick and easy as the first day. We carried our bags off and met the shuttle just outside. I know I left a bunch out so ask/add if you have specific comments or questions. Overall it was awesome and we are already booked for the same cruise next year.

My review of Summit Bermuda trip

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Craxe77

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 2

Overall it was awesome and we are already booked for the same cruise next year.
Craxe77’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 7182
Always clean, great steward and awesome views
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins