3. Navigator of the Seas
Ok, not our first cruise. Have cruised Norwegian, Carnival and Royal. We choose Royal because our last cruise was great as far as the ship was concerned. Hats off to Cat at the Solarium who always knew our name and drink, even when changing venues at night..he can save the night!. Ella and team at R Bar..true mixologist and need to make a youtube video. You girls rock! Daniel the Whiskey expert on the Promenade is just fun! I believe his friend was Nola, they rock too! Muareem and Sheetal on 5th floor dinning room..Thanks for knowing we needed extra shrimp cocktail each night before we asked, always making sure I had the correct food for dietary restrictions and for even keeping me eating something that would probably make me sick later:) Thank you Kwame Matthews for finally getting me out of the cabin that was going to land me in hospital with pneumonia. Now on to the complaints. We exited the elevator to our room on the 8th floor with a balcony and were immediately met with the smell of mold. Now, I know I have sensitive nose to this because it is my asthma/bronchitis/pneumonia trigger but after sometime my hubby could also smell it. We immediately called, someone came down and said they could not notice anything. We called again and someone came and said they would shampoo the carpet in the morning, to which I explained that would not get rid of mold, he could do the hall but not the room because it would make it worse. Now on top of the mold the room was warm. We figured it was due to it not being set on low, so we turned it down and went off to explore and have dinner & dance. We got back 11:30-12 and the room was steaming. 3 people later and now it is 1:30 am the best solution we can come up for mold and heat is a fan! Well this tends to make one grumpy, sleepy, not feeling well, & well you get it so Monday both of us were not in great moods. Oh, I forgot to mention that we paid for internet because we had some business stuff to take care of. It took 3 phone calls to get that where we could log on( which consumed the bulk of two lost days) of internet. Once we could log on, the service was so slow we could only load one page and the internet would freeze. So, we had already complained so much we were hesitant to address this issue, they did give us one day credit due to log on issues but we just said forget it on the slow service issue. OK, back to mold, finally on day three after telling them they would need to pay my medical bills we get moved to a room on deck 2 that someone unexpectedly deserted at Cozumel. FYI, they eventually after other complaints found a leak on deck 8 and had fans out trying to dry it out..they will need to replace the carpet. Other than the ones mentioned above and a few others, service was non existent. We (and I mean me and hubby, hubby &friends, me &friends, etc) could stand at a bar that was not busy and not even be acknowledged, even with a “hi!’ At R Bar they would be swamped 2-3 people deep and they would ask what you wanted and tell you just a few and then when got to you repeat the drink back. At the Windjammer forget it, the salad bar was so lacking it was pathetic, you could get “gluten free, just ask” but good luck finding someone to ask. And it closes at 9 pm so you are really out of luck if you don't make dinner because your selection is the Promenade cafe which is even more skimpy than the Starbucks selection (well other than if gluten free they do have Udis GF snickerdoodles which are a huge treat) Leaving the boat/getting from venue to venue…well heaven help you if you are elderly and with a walker or wheelchair. First you have to wait 5 or more minutes for an elevator and then make sure you get on a floor that will take you to the other end of ship you need to be on and then catch another elevator…just a tip, allow 30 minutes to get somewhere. Oh and if you need to leave the ship make sure to not ask the staff, find someone to help you. We saw quite a few elderly wandering hallways frustrated trying to figure out how to get off the ship or get to whatever end of the boat the activity was going on. Entertainment, I will be honest we knew we would be bored. We are used to poolside activities starting at 9 or 10 am poolside (swim up bar) and being on the hour something to entertain us. But this was horrible, big screen videos which only encouraged people to watch tv and commercials for RC. Good grief, we are already on RC, do something to encourage us to come back. What no late night buffets, no theme nights. We even had discussed booking a Mediterranean cruise for the discount while onboard but as the trip went on we decided we would book with another cruise line. Before this trip we would swear by RC, not now. I honestly think the prepaid tips encourage lack of service. Those that getting marketing, the ones that we gave a shout out to, got extra tips. We are not hostile, ignorant travelers. But we appreciate those that go out of their way. We will give extra at end of trip, if you make yourself memorable, then you get extra for it. I have spent hours talking with the staff, I know what they do is not easy. I too am in a service per se industry…people are hard to deal with…but those who can market day in and day out and keep the charm on…they get extra reward. So…long review…sum up. Unless RC gives me on heck of a deal for my Mediterranean trip or something, I will not do RC again. We thought Carnival was lacking on service when we went (and it was only in bar area, not eating or room, we always had a towel something awaiting and dancing by waitstaff and midnight buffets) RC really disappointed us this time. I cant logically give a one so 2 is the overall rating..if not for the people we were with and the people we met and have already contacted after getting home and our excursions and the great staff we mentioned, it would be a 0

Royal needs some improvement.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by texeattle

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

texeattle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Balcony cabin was spacious but since it was hot and reeked of mold we got moved to deck 2 no balcony, at least it cooled off and did not reek of mold
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans