• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Glowworm70
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2015
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

As I was about to board the plane with my friend for Prague, I received an urgent call that our Central European Experience cruise was cancelled due to a cargo ship blocking the river. They didn't have an alternate plan as they had just received the news. By the time we reached Prague, Avalon Waterways had redirected our cruise to take us down the Danube. They did an outstanding job of giving us an amazing substitute cruise including all the wonderful side excursions from Passau ,Germany to Vienna,Austria and Budapest, Hungary. When the were no longer able to take us by train to Paris because of the distance from Budapest they chartered a plane and flew us there. They went above and beyond what was expected of them. I am 100% sure the other cruise lines would have sent us on the original itinerary on a bus instead. Our cruise director Danielle and all the crew were wonderful and went out of their way to make sure we had a great cruise. I tell everyone if you have future plans to take a river cruise, Avalon Waterways is the way to go!

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin A

Very upscale ,plenty of closet space for clothing , comfortable beds

13 Helpful Votes