3. Carnival Valor
My family and I were on the Valor from 8/22-8/29/15. This was our first time on this particular ship. We were in cabins 8343 & 8347. While the cabins were nice and centrally located, if you are a light sleeper you will want to be cautious of these cabins. You are right near the elevators which means that you hear the "dinging" of the elevator all night. You are just under the lido deck so there is alot of traffic in the stairwell and the elevators. You also hear all of the walking and moving of deckchairs above you, especially at night when the crew is cleaning the deck. The staff was very friendly. Our cabin steward was attentive as were our dining staff. The food was good - not 5 star by any means but definitely good. The ship is a little broken up. You had to travel up and down to get across. It made you feel like you were missing a part of the boat (not literally). My husband and I did alot of walking around just to make sure we knew where everything was and to make sure that we were not missing any shops or entertainment areas. The ports-- well, lets just say that I can mark the Western Caribbean off my future travel spots. While Cozumel was very nice - we visited Isla Pasion, We found Belize and Costa Maya to be less than desirable. We did do an excursion in Hondorus - we swam with the dolphins! That was alot of fun. I would have liked to have seen more entertainment on board. We participated in the Quest game which was alot of fun. There were only two production shows for a 7 night cruise- one we had seen on other Carnival Ships (a tribute to the 80s music) and the other was the Carnival Legends Show (karaoke singing guests). I have been on other cruise lines where there was alot more entertainment going on. My husband and I participated in the slots tournament. It was fun but Carnival should really have first, second and third place winners -- not winner takes all. Overall we had a good cruise. Embarkation and Disembarkation went smoothly. Never really had a long wait to be seated for dinner. I will definitely travel Carnival again, just most likely not on the Valor or to the western caribbean.

Enjoyed the cruise-- be cautious of the balcony cabins

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by sjalbert1210