3. Celebrity Constellation
As we just come back from our 7 Night Greece & Turkey cruise on Celebrity Constellation (sailing on 08/23/2015), I decided to write down an objective review for those readers who would love to start cruising with Celebrity but somehow got confused with all the contradictory reviews published almost everywhere. I never cruised with Celebrity before and even if this year I already booked 7 cruises I decided to have a go. It was a 7 Night Greece & Turkey cruise on board Celebrity Constellation starting from Venice and visiting Dubrovnik, Kussadasi, Mykonos and Corfu. I took the decision to choose a medium value stateroom just to stay on the safe side in case this cruise liner was not my coup of tea. My and my partner we were in an Aquaclass Cabin – stateroom 1110, on the 11 deck Why I liked our Celebrity Constellation cruise? - Superb food, no compromises in quality and presentation - Elegant and modern look like ship with all the facility that you expect from a cruise ship but keeping a sense of intimacy and class - Very good room steward – Cruz (staterrom 1110) and an all the time polite smiling bartender – Milos (Sunset Bar) - Excellent bar concept – Martini Bar - Amazing selection of drinks (no mass produced cocktails) Why I didn’t like our Celebrity Constellation cruise? - Slow service all around the ship maybe due to the under staff cutting costs policy - Not a 5* service overall with a tired attitude and “we’ve done that for the last 6 months” smile - A fantastic venue (Reflection Lounge) killed sometimes by a “playing music for myself” DJ - Low quality and profile entertainment with a waste of money and energy for a mediocre result When I looked back I realise now that was not exactly their slogan “LUXURIOUS. MODERN. UNIQUE”. It was a nice cruise, a little bit overpriced, with fellow guests trying to balance their spending and expectation with the only solution of enjoying their vacations. Of course far much better than Costa or MSC but a long, long way to Regent or Viking! So Celebrity you still have time to act and be where you want and deserve to be. You will have another go soon… Thank you for a nice week.

Celebrity Cruises 7 Night Greece & Turkey on Celebrity Constellation

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Cipi&Pepe

Why I liked our Celebrity Constellation cruise?

- Superb food, no compromises in quality and presentation

- Excellent bar concept – Martini Bar

- Amazing selection of drinks (no mass produced cocktails)

Why I didn’t like our Celebrity Constellation cruise?

Thank you for a nice week.
Cipi&Pepe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A1 1110
Our option was an Aquaclass cabin to stay on the safe side in the balance value for money-comfort-services – and wasn’t a bad option at all. I have to say that from outside Constellation look very impressive with an incredible number of balconies due to the fact that about 60 percent of its accommodations feature verandas.
AquaClass Stateroom is, apparently, among the most popular choices on all Celebrity ships a kind of a spa-inspired cabins. The Celebrity website introduce the AquaClass stateroom having floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors opening to a private balcony large sitting area private bathroom with Hansgrohe massaging showerhead 100% Egyptian cotton towels complimentary use of bathrobes minibar 32-inch flat-screen TV direct-dial telephone and voicemail thermostat-controlled air-conditioning individual safe hairdryer and 24-hour room service. Pretty accurate but:
- most of the Aqua Class staterooms aft on Deck 11, including ours (1110) are beneath the basketball court on Deck 12, and above the Seaside Grill on Resort deck. Quite noisy sometimes
- Hansgrohe massaging showerhead not an amazing addition as couple of days the water pressure made impossible of using all options of the device.
- the Egyptian cotton towels looked sometimes a little bit tired like the complimentary bathrobes which for sure need a replacement
I was very impressed with the fact that our room steward (Cruz excellent in all aspects) was changing the fruit basket daily but not very impressed with the odd looking and lack of quality healthy drink placed in our room on a daily base.
Quite happy with the storage space even if the cabin has the size normal for a balcony cabin on other ship. The best feature was with no doubts the balcony: due to an ingenious design the balcony looked bigger than others and have enough space for 2 chairs, 2 small tables and a footrest – perfect for a relaxing afternoon.
Bottom line – AquaClass cabin is a very good investment for the space offered and the amenities, if you can see beyond the oversold amenities and add-ons going on-board with not so high expectations..
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins