Ventura Cruise Review

Ventura Cruise Review by Bentsen

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

I don't normally leave reviews, but feel that I need to on this occasion for the benefit of first time cruisers like ourselves.

After booking our cruise from Southampton to Gurnsey, Portugal and Spain I went online to read reviews and comments...I wish I hadn't as I felt quite disappointed and nervous due to the negative comments and complaints.

I guess some people are hard to please and can find fault with anything....my nervousness was immediately put to rest from the moment we boarded Ventura. The embarkation ran smoothly and P&O were very organised and professional with every attention to detail covered.

Once onboard....wow..wow..wow!!!

Our balcony cabin was compact but offered everything we needed for a good nights sleep...there was too much going on to stay in there for long periods of time.

Although we cruised in the school holidays, the children aboard were kept busy in the clubs and the swimming pool areas were never too much of a problem. The days at sea were obviously busier but never over crowded which I thought they may have been.

All swimming pools and swimming pool areas were immaculate and despite other reviews, there were plenty of sun loungers to be found just not always in the busier and more popular spots.

All the staff could not do enough for you, courteous, polite and always checking that you had everything. Our cabin steward was incredible...Manoj....thank you.

We chose freedom dining and eat at the buffet style restaurants all week. The variety and choice of food was outstanding (24 hours every day). I think at times I did notice small queues for the waiter service restaurants, but you were provided with an electronic pager and beeped once your table was ready.

We used room service once which was perfect and came with some lovely little touches.

The port stops were nice, but unfortunately for us the weather was not. We only had one sunny day in Lisbon.

Due to the poor weather conditions we were unable to stop at Gurnsey and our crossing over the Bay of Briscay was very choppy. I must admit I didn't like that too much.

I cannot comment on the shows or films as we chose to retire early most evenings.

I enjoyed the Spa resort, the prices were competitive to salons in the UK. The shops were adequate and offered a nice variety of goods.

We were able to view our online account 24/7 on our TV in our room, this was settled very easily on the last night by the card which had been registered on the embarkation day.

I could go on, and on .....I'm just so glad that we had this amazing experience which will stay with us forever....thank you P&O and Ventura.

2 travelling adults and 1 teenage son (17 yrs)

Bentsen's Full Rating Summary