3. Island Escape
Cabin 7034 excellent. We had requested a move from 7064 which was no problem at all owing to late night/early morning music from 'The Pub'. Staff were very attentive, and had us moved within 24 hours. Morrison and Madelyn, our cabin(s) attendents were in around 3 times per day cleaning up around us. The running joke of the resident comedian was that "if you went to the toilet, by the time you came out, the bed was made". The food and restaurant staff in both the Island Resturant and Beechcomber was excellent. The choice of food was excellent, and always fresh. The staff were very attentive. The food in the Beechcomber is 24 hours, and always of good standard. Entertainment matched, if not exceeded anything on terra ferma. The entertainments team work so hard to ensure that everyone is catered for from shows, the quiz (my personal favourite) and comedy etc. the ship overall as a former ferry is small, but intimate. Indeed when eating in the restaurant, passengers are seated with others on tables. This often results in conversations and friendships begging formed. Again, we met 2 lovely people, Jonathon and Sue on this ship, and hope to stay in contact. Shore excursions were very good. You can arrange your own, but do some research and ensure you are back onboard by the time the captain announces daily over the tannoy and ships daily sheet. The only negative shore excursion for me and my wife Carol was the beach transfer in Olbia on Sardinia. The beach was dirty, crowded, and had people harassing every few moments to buy beach wear etc. I did file a complaint to Thomson, and the attentive onboard shore excursions team.

Excellent Cruise with lovely people

Island Escape Cruise Review by normanlp

normanlp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Thomson Cruises Island Escape price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OV 7034
The cabin - as described in the review, further was dated, but very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews