We were celebrating our Pearl wedding anniversary and so looking forward to the cruise to Alaska. The destination was amazing we saw wonderful wild life and loved our time off the Ship!! But the cruise itself was dreadful we brought the vey expensive drinks package big mistake we thought a drink before drink in our cabin would be lovely !! Ha ha the room service for drinks or a cup of tea took 30-45 mins to arrive or not at all we only had tea once. The waiters ask if you are on a drinks package and ask you to sit down in bars and they will bring it over very nice however it doesn't arrive for usually 30 mins. When my husband asked for a Brandy one night he was asked to sit down he didn't as the previous night a cheaper Brandy was poured. I asked for a glass of Champagne again flat out of date Champagne is serve dif you are on drinks package be warned !!! Rooms so small even with a balcony , shower so tiny and no light. No light in wardrobe!! Grande Dining room - we like to eat at 7.30 however the Seniors get in at 6.30pm so be prepared to wait until 8.45 pm to eat and miss most of the shows! Hairdresser - avoid very rude charged 18 dollars for fringe cut for 2 mins and said my hair was dry she didn't even use a comb terrible experience made me feel awful . Smelly 8th floor - we soon realised we were the youngest on the ship at 54 yrs old but I didn't expect the corridors to smell like an old folks home disgusting! Also we felt because we were British we were treated very differently to our USA friends wonder why this could be the case ? My advice is avoid this ship if you want to be treated well choose another cruise line but Alaska was fantastic to see.

Very disappointing; avoid this, it is not a luxury experience.

Regatta Cruise Review by ashworth

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

ashworth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B2
Terribly small no light in shower, no light in wardrobe, rusty old chairs on balcony, needed refurbishment . Bed was however brilliant very comfortable .
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins