Carnival Sensation Cruise Review
1,024 Reviews

Food was mediocre at best!

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by ladykarensea1

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas

This was our first and last cruise with Carnival. The food was no better than eating at an Old Country Buffet. We thought eating in the dining room would be of better quality, but no, it was not. In fact, most nights what was served in the dining room was also in the buffet! The quality of the food was just plain terrible. The wait staff were excellent, but there is no making up for cheap food. My grand daughter found 3 hairs in her food. That was very disgusting, it turned our stomachs. What they called soft served ice cream was a joke. It was if someone had put some cheap low fat milk into the freezer machine, whipped it up, and called it "soft serve ice cream".

When we first boarded the ship and looked around, it was so tacky. The entertainment at night was repeated over and over.

Mornings our cruise director Matt would announce the days activities over the intercom system, you had to open your cabin door to hear what he was saying. When we arrived in Nassau I could only hear part of what he said. I went to guest services to find out what he said, and the woman at the counter who was extremely rude asked me what I wanted to know. I told her I wanted to know what he said. She told me that he said the Bahamas was under a theft watch and not to flash money. That was it. She had no interest in my concern about going to Nassau.

The man who cleaned our room each day was very very friendly and nice! Puji, I believe was his name.

ladykarensea1's Full Rating Summary

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

The day before our cruise we stayed at The Best Western, very warm nice friendly staff!

Freeport

We took a taxi to Junkanoo Beach Resort. Had a great time there!

ladykarensea1