3. Royal Princess
Dates of travel July 8-20, 2015 This was a great trip. Everything went according to plan. We flew direct on British Air from Austin, Texas. Staff was very helpful and seats in the bulkhead gave plenty of leg room. When we arrived at London Heathrow a driver was waiting with a wheelchair access van to take us to the Royal Princess. Once there staff was very helpful, assisting with luggage, pushing my chair up the ramp while my husband handled the carry on bags. The room was lovely, spacious enough to turn around, bathroom as well. The only complaint was the bars in the bathroom, which I complain about all the time. People in wheelchairs are not long armed, tall acrobats! The bars were difficult because they were too high. Service was wonderful. Stateroom steward friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the days activities. In the Lido staff always offered to carry a plate. Each evening there was music, dancing and entertainment. Some of the entertainment in the auditoriums was not the best. Disembarkation was easy. Passengers who needed assistance met in one area. A friendly staff person directed us to the proper time to leave. Again, wheelchair transportation waiting to take us to London. We booked the Grosvenor Hotel through Princess. It was fabulous, near most of the sites in the Central city, and easy access to buses and trains. The room was spacious and beautiful. The bathroom spacious and accessible. The only change that would have made it better would be to have breakfast included in the package. We chose this cruise for the ports and were not disappointed. All in all the best trip in a couple of years. We have been on other lines, but felt that Princess was most helpful and we would do it again. We went on one Princess excursion, as there are few and were booked when I started looking. The one we did book to Blarney Castle was very nice, great guide and driver. We were the only two who showed, but the took us on the tour anyway. Some tips. There are special forms to complete for wheelchair access transportation. Be sure to get all the forms, as I learned accidentally a couple of weeks before the cruise that I had not completed forms. Princess accepted the forms at this late date and the transportation arrangements were the best we have ever experienced while booking through other cruise lines.

Excellent Choice for Wheelchair Travelers

Royal Princess Cruise Review by wheelchairtraveler

Dates of travel July 8-20, 2015

The room was lovely, spacious enough to turn around, bathroom as well.

Some tips.

wheelchairtraveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A302
Wonderful cabin. Plenty of room for using a wheelchair. Bathroom very accessible. Balcony easy to navigate in wheelchair.
Location near the elevator, but not so close to have noise.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins