3. Serenade of the Seas
Wow what a fabulous cruise. I was a little worried having read some of the previous reviews that Seranade was past her best; that is definately not the case. We boarded quickly in Copenhagen and set off to explore. The ship is clean and sparkling with bright airy public areas and a spotless cabin. The food was delicious with lots of choice. We ate in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch and never had trouble getting a seat. We were on my time dining in the main dining room and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to be seated. There was a good range of dishes so much so that we never felt the need to visit the speciality restaurants. On previous cruises to the caribbean I have found the staff to be almost 'too much' for a reserved brit. On this cruise they were polite and efficient and did an excellent job without being too pushy. They made us feel welcomed and remembered our preferences almost by magic. Ports of call were Stockholm, Tallinn, St Peterburg and Helsinki. We were able to easily walk to the centre in approximately 20 to 30 mins in all ports except St Petersburg. Stockholm was a beautiful clean city with a lovely old town and we really enjoyed the hop on hop off boat. Tallinn is like a fairytale city and it takes your breath away when you walk in through the old city gates. We took a RC trip in St Peterburg and whilst we saw some beautiful historic buildings the other parts of the city were quite grim and oppressive. Of all of the ports that is the one I would not want to visit again. Helsinki again was clean and pretty and the people friendly. They also speak excellent english and are happy to help visitors. Shows were excellent in particular a fabulous singer called Ben Mills from the UK X factor and a really funny juggler. We used the gym several times and did some dance classes with really enthusiastic staff. All in all we had a brilliant holiday and I really could not find any faults whatsoever. Even the weather was perfect, 7 days of sunshine and blue skys.

Perfect Cruise

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by sam49

sam49’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Lovely cabin with a larger than average balcony. Carol kept it spotlessly clean and tidy
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans