3. Viking Odin
We started poorly. The hotel in Paris was not able to have our rooms ready by the 3 p.m. deadline. Instead, we were not allowed into our room until well after 5 p.m. Our wake-up call did not materialize and thus we missed our assigned bus ride to our port of embarkation, Trier. Our cruise should have lasted 6 nights. Instead, the Odin broke down and we were stranded at a small German town - Ashafenburg - if my spelling is correct, for three of those nights. Our river cruise turned into a bus tour - not what I signed up for! There was sporadic electric service, toilets did not flush, a/c was non-existent and the kitchen staff ultimately ran out of the food they had intended to serve. However, when the kitchen was running at full tilt, the food was very good. Tour guides tried their best and the staff in the dining room and the cabin crew did their best. The officers not so much. The captain did not speak English - this on a boat with 189 Americans aboard - and the Hotel Manager who translated for him, did not give us the captain's full explanation. I don't speak much German but I do know the word propeller. That was never mentioned in the translation. The entertainment on board was mediocre, the wine tasting, at an additional expense, was disappointing although the tour of Prague was well done. The final straw was that the plane, the flight arranged by Viking, from Prague to Heathrow was late in leaving Prague causing us to miss our connection back to the states. When we finally boarded the following day, we sat on the tarmac for 21/2 hours before departing. Altogether, the trip from _ _ _ _ !!

Cities of Light were very Dark!

Viking Odin Cruise Review by Volunteer1

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

Altogether, the trip from _ _ _ _ !!
Volunteer1’s Full Rating Summary