3. Caribbean Princess
This was our third Princess Cruise and we were not disappointed. From arrival at the terminal embarkation was speedy and we were onboard within 30 minutes. We had guaranteed cabins that were allocated 2 days before sailing A219 & A235 balcony cabins on Aloha Deck. These cabins were great no footfall from other passengers and cabins above and below us. They are forward cabins but this was no issue at all. Heidy our room steward was great & very attentive. We spent many ours on our balcony enjoying the sunshine. We had really good weather. Travelling with teens we choose freedom dining and ate in both Coral & Island restaurants. Sometimes we had to wait for a table for four but you get given a pager and the longest we waited was 20 minutes. On evenings when out teens ate with their friends we were happy to share tables and met some lovely & interesting fellow travellers. We used the Horizon Buffet for lunch and occasionally for breakfast. We found this always to be busy. It was also strange that they closed the buffet at 10.30 - 11pm and the only place to get food & a non alcoholic drink is the sandwich & coffee are on Deck 5. This was actually an issue for our teens as they could not get into any of the bars found it hard to get a drink. Teen club ran until 1am. I purchased the soft drink package for them which worked out really well. The entertainment in the Theatre was ok but nothing really wowed us. We are in our forties and seemed to be aimed at older guests. We enjoyed Movies Under The Stars even though we got blown away a couple of nights. You are blankets/ popcorn and use the sun loungers to watch a movie on a big screen by the pool. It was very popular! Th itinerary was amazing and we would definitely do it again I think it's up there with our favourite holiday. St Petersburg was an amazing port I booked this trip independently as Princess excursions in general are extortionately priced for families. We used Alex's Tours St Petersburg and I cannot recommend highly enough. They organise visas email you tickets then meet you at the Port. We had a fab 2 days in an air con minibus for us 4 alone it was perfect. Tailor made to our family - I recommend the hydrofoil and metro if you get a chance! Tour guide Christina spoke perfect English. Very professional & excellent value for money. In all other ports we did our own thing. Most were very easy to do and for the four of us often cheaper to get a taxi into the Town rather than queuing for shuttles. In Stockholm we went to the Ice Bar which I pre-booked from home but you could just turn up. This was fun as they gave you capes and gloves to wear. A drink was included served in a giant ice cube. It was fun and lasted about 45 mins. We paid extra for the Thermal Spa which I would really recommend too. A great way to relax and unwind after sightseeing. Loved the ceramic loungers! Numbers are limited to 40 so it's worth searching out the spa when you get on board. I would definitely sail on Caribbean Princess again we found it to be very clean & friendly. We had no issues at all an amazing cruise.

Amazing Cruise

Ages 16+
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A219
Great clean comfortable. No footfall as forward cabins and the end of the corridor leads no where! Cabins above & below so very quiet. Great balcony and you can see the Captain in the bridge.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Copenhagen
    We did our own thing and got a taxi into town. We ended up at Tivoli Gardens and our teens enjoyed the roller coasters etc.It didn't open until 11am but there are ticket machines outside to purchase entry tickets. Once inside you can purchase wristbands which allow a certain amount of rides or are unlimited.
    The park was spotless and we had a lovely day. Food and drink reasonably priced. We would go again.
    View All 1,133 Copenhagen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Copenhagen Cruise Port Review
  • Gdansk (Warsaw)
    Least favourite port. We walked to the seafront and sat in a bar enjoyed the sunshine and a beer. Prices really cheap. We spent less than £10 on 4 drinks (beer) , icecream and a taxi one way. Up and coming tourist port I think just not for us.
    View All 94 Gdansk (Warsaw) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Gdansk (Warsaw) Cruise Port Review
  • Helsinki
    Loved this exceptionally clean
    Walked around the markets, took a tram ride and went to the rock cathedral. Great day
    View All 861 Helsinki Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Helsinki Cruise Port Review
  • St. Petersburg
    Booked our own tour.Alex's Tours also known as Ludmilas Tours.

I don't really know where to start but we had an amazing time in St Petersburg with Alex's Tour. We were on a cruise & had 2 days to spend in St Petersburg. We are a family of four with 2 teenage boys and wanted to see the sights whilst keeping their interest. I contacted via email and explained what we would like to do & see. Every email was responded to quickly and the whole process was very efficient. I provided passport details and they arranged visas. We were met after passport control by Christina our fabulous tour guide who was to look after us for the 2 days. We travelled in an Air Con minibus just the four of us & driver + tour guide bottles of water were provided too. The weather was amazing and very hot! Christina's english was perfect. It is fair to say she took us to all the main sights explaining lots of Russian history. We stopped for lunch (this was not included but the £ to ruble is quite good at the moment and we paid about £80 for 7 of us including drinks etc for a good russian meal.) I had requested a hydrofoil & metro ride as I thought this would keep the teens interested. If you get the chance definately do this it was so worth it !
    I cannot recommend highly enough, if you want excellent personal service (at half the price of the Cruise Lines excursions) this is definately the company to book. We did a 2 day tour and I'm so glad we did, we can't wait to go back !
    St Petersburg is a very clean city & we felt very safe with our Tour Guide. She was always on the go collecting tickets and fast tracking us into Museums etc we didn't queue at all. Thankyou so much it was PERFECT : )
    View All 628 St. Petersburg Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Petersburg Cruise Port Review
  • Stockholm
    We went to the Ice Bar.
    Great time you get given gloves and a cloak and enjoy a drink served in a giant ice cube. I pre-booked on line , but you could just turn up.
    We also did an open top bus tour. This was really busy!! But an easy way to see the sights in one day. They are available at the Port when you dock waiting....
    View All 839 Stockholm Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Stockholm Cruise Port Review
  • Tallinn
    Lovely interesting medieval town to browse in. We walked from the Port about 20-30 minutes easy walk.
    View All 1,031 Tallinn Cruise Port Reviews