• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Seeking Solace
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2014
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

I wanted to do something different for Christmas,so I went to a travel agent,told her I wanted to try a cruise and away I went. (Solo male).

I travel to Vegas frequently and stay at the Bellagio(who treat me well), but the service and friendliness of the staff was ten-fold better.My cabin attendant, knew what I wanted before I did. The maitre'd in the Windjammer was friendly, without being intrusive and appeared to make everyone feel like a friend.

The bus ride to and from the airport is a short 10-15 minutes and Dade County Sherrifs control traffic, giving the busses the right of way.Boarding the ship is as organized as anything I've experienced, and 5400 people are on the ship in short order.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D5

Perfect for my needs. Attendant was fantastic! Made sure my water was the last thing on ice so it was chilled when I returned. Was able to answer pretty much all my enquiries about the ship and shore excursions.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Actually walked to downtown. No rush. I'm not a big fan of "pushy" vendors ( like those mall kiosks. But competition for a living is what they do, so that's life.

Falmouth

Went ashore, and wandered around Falmouth.Was told by experienced travellers"just don't wander down alleys" Darkness fell as we were about to leave and I saw a fair bit of "police activity"

They serve "jerk chicken" on the ship. Don't bother. Bland to appease the masses. Get the real thing here.

Find an Oasis of the Seas Cruise from $311