• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Ventura Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Some things good, some things not so good

Review for Ventura to Europe
Canugess
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2015
Cabin: Outside Twin with Shower (Part-Obstucted View)

Having previously cruised with RCCL, I booked this 2 night taster cruise to find out how P&O did things. I travelled with my Husband and 15 YO daughter and my Mother and Father in Law. MIL has mobility issues.

We arrived at the Port at around 2pm (traffic terrible on route) The embarkation procedure that P&O have in place can not be faulted, it was far smother than RCCL with cards given out and seating available to wait in until the Letter given was called out (we waited about 10 minutes). We then sailed through security and onto the ship.

So our first experience of Venturer was using the buffet. What a nightmare! Food choices were limited, and there is a distinct lack of seating and help finding a seat. The buffet is laid out in claustrophobic little bays where you have to wait whilst the people in front of you choose their food. You can't wander round and have a look to see what you fancy, there isn't room. So basically had to go round twice, to then get a salad which was at the beginning, and I had already walked past. There was no offer of drinks from the waiting staff.

Outside Twin with Shower (Part-Obstucted View)

Cabin NA

The fixtures and fittings were very tired, however, it was clean and the cabin staff were unobtrusive.

Port Reviews

St. Peter Port (Guernsey)

The tendering procedure worked really well. The port is lovely. The highstreet is quite hilly and has cobblestones which I'd imagine would be quite slippery when wet.

Find a Ventura Cruise