• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Prettynycgirl
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

I tend to think of myself as a cruise veteran since I have been on 15 cruises and I was so disappointed with this ship. Below is a recap of my recent trip:

Service: The cabin stewart barely cleaned our room. I had a breakfast plate and orange juice sit in my room from 10:00am- 11:00pm. We inquired about laundry service for steaming for formal night and instead of helping us he ignored the request for 2-3 days then gave us a laundry bag that day of formal night. Our waiters were horrible, did not even take the time to know our name and were even friendly. I am not sure that is a European thing since I am american but they were rude and often forgot some of our food.

Dining: MSC has the worst food I have ever tasted in my life. I have never been hungry on a cruise before until I cruised on MSC. Let's talk about tap water first, do you know that you have pay for tap water on MSC? I was applauded, there was no tap water in the dining areas. You had to purchase a bottle of water if you wanted water. What a scam! The food overall was disgusting with the exception of the pizzeria. The dining room kept recycling the same risotto by adding a different sauce every night. Steak, forget about that you got a thin slice of beef that was eat, lobster on formal night none, salad was wet with little dressing and desert was just gross. The buffet was not any better, we were on a Mediterranean cruise why not feature the food from the ports we were visiting? I did most of my eating off the ship.

Oceanview Stateroom

The oceanview room was very spacious considering it did not have a balcony.

Port Reviews

Venice

Gorgeous post card worthy reviews but very hot.

Split