3. Norwegian Sun
I flew into Anchorage 2 days early to sightsee. I then traveled to Seward via bus from Anchorage to embark on the Sun. I did back to back cruises for 14 nights. I loved Alaska and it was a once in my lifetime trip. I did not like the food. The first week I had port credits and the second week I had specialty dining. I did not like the specialty dining restaurants , the food just was not good. The meat and fish were always over cooked and flavorless. The dining room hostesses were great. Not giving me a hard time about dining solo. The ship was overrun with unsupervised kids day and night. Kids having meltdowns were a standard. I had a balcony for the first week and ocean view the second week. Alaska is beautiful and interesting and I enjoyed the glaciers. The first week was cold, wet and rainy. 50-60's first week. 67 the second week, some rain.

NCL in Alaska

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by 1jazzylady

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

I had a balcony for the first week and ocean view the second week.

1jazzylady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 8251
The room shelves and TV stand needed to be dusted badly. The TV had to be replaced the second day. I could not use the top dresser drawer due to dirt and old spillage.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins