3. Emerald Sun
Setting off from Amsterdam we were informed that the sun deck was to be closed for the following 4 days due to low bridges. We had not been informed beforehand and it went against what the brochure and itinerary said about enjoying the sun deck. The only outside space was at the front of the ship where maybe 30 or so people could huddle together. The cabin was only just adequate and this was despite upgrading to a grand Balcony Suite (the second largest room aboard) The ship was modern and reasonably comfortable. The air con worked well as did the WiFi. Evening entertainment was limited and mainly consisted of a piano player. The food was good although became repetitive after 14 nights. I think the Chicken Buillon was on the menu every night, and the same food was often in many courses, for example pears appeared in a starter, main course and sweet for two consecutive days, which is a problem if like my wife you don't like pears. Half way through the cruise we had to swap ships when at Passau due to low water levels. This was sprung on us two days beforehand with an ultimatum letter from the company stating "accept the transfer we offer you with no compensation or go home". The replacement vessel had smaller toms, no balconies and we were sited on a lower deck that we had booked for. Two weeks after the cruise I'm still awaiting a response from Emerald Waterways about my complaint.

Disappointing

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by Coachgates

Coachgates’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sun price drops

Even though we were in a suite the space was barely adequate. Wardrobe space is very limited and we stored much of our belongings under the bed