Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Best Family Vacation Ever!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by mkdilli

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I was really surprised to see so many negative reviews of this cruise. We just returned and I have to say this was an amazing vacation. We have been on four previous cruises (Princess, Holland America and Disney) and Navigator of the Seas stacked up in all categories. We traveled with our two children (ages 7 & 10) and my kids said they liked in better than Disney. We had two adjoining balcony rooms which was the perfect set-up for our family. The staterooms very clean and nice. We received excellent service from our cabin steward. We loved the food! No, it is not equal to a five star restaurant but that is not our expectation on a cruise where the staff is preparing meals for thousands of people at the same time! It was equal to or better than our previous cruises and much better than Disney. Our dinners in the main dining room were simply excellent. We ate in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch most days. I thought the variety was good. There was a beautiful salad bar, wonderful soups and the bread and baked goods were outstanding. We did eat at Johnny Rockets for one lunch which was a lot of fun and I highly recommend. One evening we at Sabor which was just okay. We are from San Antonio and have access to a lot of good Mexican food, though. We probably won't do the specialty restaurants again as it doesn't seem worth it.

The pools were not especially good for kids. We were able to go when it wasn't super crowded and it was fine. It would have been nice to have some water slides. There were a lot of other activities that my kids enjoyed (Flow rider, basketball court, putt-putt, arcade). I would say if you have much younger children, the activities are more limited.

Yes, the elevators were slow but we understood that there was almost 4,000 passengers on the ship. If you don't have a mobility issue, you will want to take the stairs. This is a great way to burn some extra calories from all of the food we were eating!

We went to a couple of shows. One was pretty bad and we loved the other one. We don't choose a cruise based on the evening entertainment, so this wasn't a huge issue for us.

Overall, this was a wonderful cruise. The service was great and I felt taken care of the entire week which is really what makes the vacation for me! We're booked on Liberty of the Seas next summer and we can't wait!

mkdilli's Full Rating Summary

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 7662/7664

Galveston

Galveston is convenient for us (we live in San Antonio).

mkdilli