3. Navigator of the Seas
Mixed feelings about RCCL. We are age 43 years old and thought we'd try a more "mature cruise". The ship was beautiful, loved our room, balcony view and deck. We felt that the first couple days were really great considering we were still in the oooh's and awe's of the ship. However, as the days went on we were finding it hard to find anything to really do other than the usual drinking, sunbathing and shopping. This cruise just seemed to be missing more activities for our taste. Found ourselves a bit bored and searching for things to do. On other cruises we seemed to always run into a game, line dancing lessons, trivia etc...We previously cruised Carnival Magic which is who I am comparing to. I really enjoyed Carnival overall. I will try another ship with RCCL before I totally count them out. Disappointed in the lack of 'open' good places to find a snack on the ship, the only place was at the royal promenade cafe and the food was pretty bad. The other cruises I've been on always had at least burgers, pizza and ice cream easily accessible near the pool and movie deck. One of the best meals we did have was when we ordered room service after midnight, it was delish! The meals at dinner were good. I mostly ordered what our waiter suggested and was always satisfied. The dinner staff did not seem to have as much fun like the Carnival waiters who would sing and dance most nights. Plus the breakfast in the Saphire dining was terrible. Your best option is to stick with the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Or visit Johnny Rockets (fee) for lunch, but do not sit inside unless you want to be stuffy. The entertainment on the pool deck was lacking. The pool big screen showed videos that did not match the entertainment on the pool deck. They should of either played the music videos with the matching sound or had a camera focused on the entertainment for all to see. Seemed like there was a lot of silence, we felt like elevator music should of been at least piped throughout the ship in some places. The piano man was not very good. We really were entertained by the guest singer he had instead of him. He seemed to want to sing a whole Elton John Album verses a variety of other songs. Most of the singers/bands in the bars were wonderful, but again more drinking and just hanging out. The live shows in the auditorium were good as well the Promenade Parties were lively. We visited the Cosmopolitan for club dancing. The DJ wasn't very lively. He sat mostly and I don't remember seeing him look up very often or interact. People danced, but mostly it was just to drink and hang out...again. Funny to see the teens sneak up the elevators to bust a few moves in the hallway. The drinks were very pricey although the best was only having to buy 1 drink card because I am not a big drinker where as my hubby enjoys his beer. Hated the routine to get our luggage when got back. The signs were not posted high enough to see where your luggage was and for some stupid reason, a lot of it was piled in the center of the customs building. They pushed us out of the ship too soon. We would of been more comfortable waiting in the theatre for customs to clear out a bit. -Not a lot of photographers snapping your photo like the Carnival. Which meant having to wait in line to get a photo on the dressup nights. -Loved the Service team, be sure to tip them extra. They work so hard to please. -Request Ice twice daily, to let melt for drinking. Bring a water bottle. They have coolers with drinking water at the pool bars. -Select Early dining to not miss evening shows or Select Late dining to get extra desserts or entres....Especially for Lobster night. -Formal, is not "too formal". Ladies, skip the gown if you want. Although on Formal nights I saw anywhere from capris to Prom dresses. Shirt and Tie and slacks are great for the fellas. It's just an opportunity for you to really dress up if you wish. -Decorate your door with magnetic items. Also buy strong Magnetic hooks to hang your swimwear to dry (the walls are metal behind the wallpaper) All in all I wasn't impressed with the activities on the ship but I Loved my room and the pools. Will try again with RCCL just on a different ship.

Loved our Cabin 1838 Deck 12; Everything Else Just OK

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by mydogtim

mydogtim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Loved cabin 1838 on the 12th deck. it's the first room coming in off the deck overlooking the level 11 pool, on the port side of the front of the ship. there are stairs next to the balcony wall which are hardly used because the only thing above us was an open sun deck. The only noise we heard was a little traffic & someone actually knocking on the wall- we entertained them and knocked back-they quickly ran away. there are 2 doors from the outside deck one leading to the room hallway and one to the elevator. it all circles around to meet. Very quiet. Great view of the ports from our balcony. also fast and easy access from the pool deck to use your own bathroom. would recommend this room! 1838
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans