Regal Princess Cruise Review

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Venice to Barcelona!

Room was great! I hear complaints about the balcony size but it's fine for 2 adults. Your not having a party or entertaining. The room was plenty big and clean being a new ship. Lots of storage space. In almost 2 wks, I saw the steward 5x. Each time I needed something I had to call the desk including getting the water fixed in the shower. It was repaired very quickly. All said, the cabin steward did his job in cleaning. The bathroom is about what you would expect on a ship except I never got use to stepping up into it esp in the middle of the night. The location mid ship is great, no motion to speak however I wish there were stairs since the elevators were very slow.

Service was great all around except for those up on the lido deck. I got the impression those were the least desirable places to work. I even over heard a waiter in buffet talking about that. Alfredos, crown grill, and IC were my fav places. The buffet was okay but loved the size of it and the themed nights. I didn't care much for the MDR since it took longer to eat and the food wasn't that great.

Never used any of the excursions, we DYI or used a private company to minimize the number of people. Getting on/off was pretty smooth whether it was embark/disembark or just a port stop.

There were some minor flaws but everything else made up for it and I've already booked another Regal cruise.

anthonyy7's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BB A443

Cabin was located mid-ship near the elevators however there is zero noise. Room is clean and spacious for 2 adults including the balcony. Lots of storage in the closet. I thought the bed was very comfortable. I slept very well every night however it's possible I was tired from touring all day. No motion at all while at sea except the plastic shell of the bathroom expands when seas are rough. This was only an issue once. There was an issue with the water, no cold just warm to hot which made it hard to shower. It was fixed within an hour after reporting it. I wish there were middle stairs since the elevator wait was long when we used it. I would still stay in this area regardless, the extra walking just helped burn more calories and see more of the ship.

anthonyy7